Dark Energy by carlsojos

Introduction

The Algo solar system. Formed of four planets. Parma, a planet of green and life. Motavia, a planet of fiery deserts. Dezolis, a planet of ice and snow. And Rykros, on an eccentric orbit to remind of the importance of Algo. These planets were formed as a seal to stop a truly hateful darkness from destroying the universe, a creation of what's known as "The Great Light". The darkness has seethed in its hatred for longer than any mortal has ever known, but once every millennium, the seal's power reached its nadir, at which point it sent its minions, known, among other names, as Dark Force, to Algo to corrupt those living there, and attempt to destroy the seal, so that it may seek vengeance against the Light and all it's created. It had finally destroyed Parma in the 1200s AW, but the dark god was destroyed the next millennium by a group of champions.

AW 3295. Over a thousand years have passed since then, and the predicted nadir had passed, proving that the darkness was destroyed. While still in a dark age, civilization on Motavia and Dezolis still advances, gradually learning trades long ago lost. Farmers have figured out how to improve soil quality, and, in spite of no truly centralized government, a university on Motavia, headquartered in Piata, has grown to prominence throughout the deserts, controlling several campuses, and even broadcasting radio messages to Dezolis in the hopes that those living in the cold may benefit from knowledge and eventually collaborate in research. Without any true reason to fail, civilization is beginning to grow to old heights, and powerful technologies from the past are being rediscovered just as fast as the shovels can dig through old ruins.

What nobody realizes, is that the hardest evil to fight isn't a hateful god, but rather, the evils that invade the mind...

Start the story

Join Phantasy Star Cave discord server and hang out with other RPG buffs. It’s free. Let’s beat quarantine boredom together!