Phantasy Star Compendium pages 61 to 65
AGE: 24 HIGH: 178 cm TYPE: Scholar
- [Hahn with backpack]
- Hahn models his character after his respected mentor, Professor Holt. He probably gets on Holt's nerves a bit...
- [manga Hahn]
- At left is a piece drawn for the last issue of SPEC. To look at him, you'd think Hahn quite unhappy, but he's really the luckiest guy!...
- [manga Hahn shaking out empty purse]
- Hahn: She wiped me out for the entire year. Sigh...
AGE: 18 HIGH: 171 cm TYPE: Esper
- [Shess in Esper formal wear]
- This is also a piece drawn for the last issue of SPEC.
- [Shess intro sketches]
- Below are two drawings drawn for visual scenes of Shess's rescue.
- [manga Shess]
- Shess as she appears in the ending, after her return to Esper Mansion. She's in formal dress.
- [Kyra wagging finger]
- Uh-uh, that's not so, Rudy-kun!
After the collapse of the Landeel dynasty, Lutz fled to Dezolis, gathered his fellow Espers, and built a sanctuary. A holy shrine known as the "Inner Sanctum" is divided from the main building.
- Lutz, the founder of Esper Mansion. His spirit is with Thray now.
AGE: ? HIGH: 184 cm TYPE: Magician
- [Dark Force behind Zio]
- At left is an excerpt from an enemy settei sheet. All paths in the game lead to this scene.
- [chibi Zio]
- Since his right hand was monsterized, he wears a gauntlet.
- [Dark Force's various forms]
- Images of Dark Force drawn in the early stages of production. They're the basis for how he appears in the game. [As with Myau, I use "he" just as default; DF's "gender" - if it even has one - isn't given in the book.]
- [DF on Kuran]
- Based on early settei, the Dark Force at right is called "Cyber Force" (the first Dark Force). [Apparently, DF's three forms all had different names in pre-production.]
To lure Thray and his friends, he removes the dark force field enshrouding the Air Castle.
At first, he was supposed to turn into just a special monster - not Dark Force.
- [Shiam headshot]
- The man was modeled after an employee at Sega.
- [manga Shiam]
- Many people were suspicious from the moment Shiam appeared. But they never thought he could have been Dark Force...
We tried to gather together as many other pieces here as possible.
- [Fal sleeping in cryo-tube]
- At first, Fal was planned to be inside a cultivation tank.
- Eusis appearing in the Elsydeon event.
- [four Millennium heroes]
- An example of the drawings done for the ending.
- Above and to the left is Alisa, and below, from left to right, are Lutz, Tyrone, and Myau.
- At left is a statue of Alisa. It holds Elsydeon in its hands.
- [Rudy and Fal]
- A cut from the original draft. The image remained in the epilogue. [Huh? No, it didn't. True, in the game, Rudy and Fal are in similar poses (lying on a grassy hill relaxing, etc.), but they're not wearing casual clothes in the sketch - just their battle uniforms.]
- [the Millennium gals]
- A height comparison of the female characters. If Freyna's an android, why is she so surprisingly short?
- [rough 4-frame manga]
- At right is a picture continuity 4-frame manga. Since the scenario seems impossible [because it includes Lyla, Thray, Rika, and Rudy in the same party], it was discarded.
- [the cast]
- A height comparison of all the characters who initially appeared in the game. Shess was still in rough sketches, and Raja wasn't yet scheduled to appear...
- [Forren, Rudy, & Thray]
- Forren finds Thray and Rudy arguing. It probably seems quite illogical to him. [Part of the notes beside him say that Forren wants to stop them, but that "that's Fal's job..."]
- Settei of the sacred sword Elsydeon used in the TV commercial.
- [back-of-the-box illustration]
- Rough sketch of the back-of-the-box illustration by Yoneda-shi.
- [Shess & Thray, Fal & Forren rough]
- An excerpt from Yoneda-shi's proposal for the ending. The piece you're looking at was actually cut.
Strategy Guide Book
It's no longer available, though, on the market. [Huh? Then what was with that advertisement for it in the Millennium World Guide?] It featured various settei from the story and elsewhere and a collection of picture continuity sheets used in the game. They're organized in the rough order of events.
Algol Solar System Chronological Table
Produced by the development staff, the hidden history of the Algol Solar System up to the time of the "Millennium" is now open to the public!
- Several Hundred Million Years Ago
- In an unspecified solar system, a civilization of spirit-life forms divides, and an interplanetary war breaks out.
- 2,000,000 Years Ago
- The war is settled. As a result of the victorious side sealing the defeated side away, one fixed star and four planets are created, "Protectors of the Seal" are made on the four planets, and one kind of sentient life form is allocated to each.
- 300,000 Years Ago
- The entire race of victors is wiped out. Except on the fourth planet, Ryucross, the beings of the other three planets, with the passing of each successive generation, begin to forget the mission of those made Protectors. Meanwhile, in their inter-dimensional prison, the sealed-away spirit-life forms transform into a wicked being, the accumulation of spirits of hatred and vengeance, and, at its core, a profound darkness is formed.
- BW 0100
- The feudal ages continue.
- BW 0013
- The supreme ruler of Parma's Baya Malay region, Waizz Landeel [first name spelled out in roman letters], raises an army with the goal of uniting all lands under one ruler.
- AW 0001
- Waizz unites Parma. The first line of Parman kings ascends to the throne. The development of Parma continues.
- AW 0126
- The first manned spaceship lands on the second planet, Motabia. Contact is made with the Motabians.
- AW 0157
- A manned aircraft lands on the third planet, Dezolis. Contact is made with the Dezolians.
- AW 0183
- To solve Parma's overpopulation, a plan for emigration to Motabia is initiated. Near the only lake, Lake Perseus, construction of the experimental city of Paseo is begun.
- AW 0264
- Emigration gets underway, Motabia is established as a province, and a Government House is set up in Paseo.
- AW 0327
- The current king, Aures Landeel, suddenly dies. In place of the less-than-one-year-old successor, Princess Alisa, the next-in-line head priest and prime minister Reipard La Shiec is entrusted with political power. However, a lady of the court, with the misconception that King Aures's death was the result of a plot by La Shiec, hides Alisa with a friend.
- AW 0328
- La Shiec is installed as the provisional king. Alisa lives with Motabia's governor.
- AW 0329
- Motabia's governor sends Princess Alisa to the home of the subordinate of a trusted retainer, where she will be raised as a common citizen. In this house, there is a boy called Nero. Alisa takes to him, and they are raised as brother and sister.
- AW 0338
- Princess Alisa's foster parents die in an accident.
- AW 0341
- La Shiec learns the secret of the Algol Solar System's genesis. Forming a space-time gate, he comes into contact with the sealed-away spirit-life form. As a result, he summons the projected body of the Profound Darkness, Dark Force, and becomes its loyal servant. That same year, a reign of terror begins.
- AW 0342
- Nero, investigating the reason behind La Shiec's transformation, is caught and killed at and by the hands of the special police. Alisa carries out his final wishes; she gains the help of Myau, Tyrone, and Lutz, and overthrows La Shiec and Dark Force. That year, when the governor of Motabia is told the news, Queen Alisa Landeel I is placed on the throne.
- AW 0349
- Lutz, continuing to research Dark Force, finds that the gate that La Shiec opened cannot be perfectly resealed, and realizes that the resultant fluctuations will therefore once again reach their peak after 1,000 years. He assembles his fellow Espers that are watching the gate and enters into cold sleep.
- AW 0822
- The Earthmen's spaceship stronghold, Noah, invades the Algol Solar System.
- AW 0843
- The "Conjunction", the alignment of the three planets, occurs. Due to gravitational interference, the orbits of Parma and Motabia are shifted, and cities are annihilated. Thanks to the Earthmen, the escape shuttle containing the remaining members of the ruling class is destroyed, and the Landeel bloodline appears to be wiped out.
- AW 0845
- Mother Brain, secretly controlled by the Earthmen at the heart of Noah, begins construction of its centrally controlled network on Parma, and reconstruction advances at an accelerated pace. Lutz awakens. He goes into hiding with his followers on Dezolis.
- AW 0868
- The reconstruction of Parma is completed. Control over the public welfare is given to Mother Brain. Because of this, an underground resistance movement is also born.
- AW 1274
- The anti-Mother Brain resistance group is sent off on a spaceship used for exploration outside the Algol Solar System. Mother Brain destroys it, making it look like an accident. Under this pretense, Mother Brain issues a command forbidding the use of spaceships. A young boy of Landeel blood, Eusis, had boarded that spaceship, but he is saved by Lutz's power.
- AW 1282
- There is an accident at the Biosystem on Motabia. Massive quantities of Biomonsters are bred. This is part of the rebirth of the Profound Darkness at the hands of the Earthmen.
- AW 1284
- Eusis, who has become a Motabian Agent, is assigned to the Biosystem incident. Before long, Eusis and party are marked as notorious sympathizers of the underground resistance. The resistance discovers that Eusis and the others are being held on the prison satellite Gaila; Tyler, commander of the raider warship Landeel, is dispatched to rescue them. Shortly before that, the underground resistance's young leaders, Ohario Sa Riik and Aina Le Cille, succeed in cutting off their spaceship's remote control system from Mother Brain, and, before the fall of Gaila, evacuate many people in rescue ships left over from the time of the Conjunction. Two people of the La Shiec bloodline are among them. These tens of ships start a journey to look for a new world beyond their solar system. Immediately afterwards, Eusis and company defeat Dark Force, Mother Brain, and the Earthmen race, but what happened after that is unknown.
- AW 1285
- The underground resistance's survivors get Zelan and Kuran, the focal points of the network's broadcasts, back in operation. The bare minimum necessary of the system is maintained, stopping Motabia's transformation into a desert. Tyler seals away the Landeel on Dezolis.
- AW 1299
- Lutz dies. His will and memory are carried within a gem in a temple in the Esper Mansion's inner sanctum.
And, after that, the "Millennium" continues...