Phantasy Star Generation 2: English Translation

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

How should the main characters be named in Generation:2 ?

Poll ended at Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:51 am

Use the full Japanese names
38%
Use the English Sega Genesis names
55%
It doesn't matter
7%

Total votes : 73

Re: Phantasy Star Generation 2: English Translation

Postby skymandr » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:14 pm

Huzzah! Welcome back! Glad you're feeling better! =)
skymandr
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Runehasa » Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:29 am

Hey man really glad you are feeling better. I think most people are just too appreciative for the work you are doing to get nasty especially health issues. Health always comes first then you can worry about us old school Phantasy Star fans. We are a patient bunch :) I just wish I could help some how but my programming skills and translating skills are nil
Runehasa
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Postby DarkMyau » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:39 am

Nice to meet you.

I hope you are feeling better and am sorry to read that you are sick. (You missed out on reading my awesome Devastation War story)

As for Phantasy Star 2, take your time, its not like we are paying you, lol maybe we all should be.
DarkMyau
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Blaw- » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:14 am

Yeah, nice news :)

Beta-test of the french version will start tomorrow, I hope the PlayStation 2 won't freeze somewhere in the game xD

(By the way, Kyence is a woman as I saw a "man" in one comment ;) )
Blaw-
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Blaw- » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:44 pm

We found some sentences we had forgot to dump (related with the containers, when you give an item, etc...) but overall, no bug so far for the beta-test of the french version on my real PS2.

Nei-First BLUE boobs.

Eusis disappointed by Nei-First BLUE boobs.
Blaw-
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Blaw- » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:06 pm

Can someone confirm that you can get the Visiophone in PSGEN 2 by going to the Controler Tower in Paseo with Shilka (Shir) at level 22 ?

My Shilka is level 30, tried like ten times, then I keep played and retried like ten times, and still nothing.

So if I'm doing it correctly, it would mean the translation have a bug somewhere that prevent me to get the Visiophone.

Or maybe it come from my save hack (gave Level 99 to Eusis and Nei), but I don't see why it would produce such a bug.

Edit : I successfully played the french translated version from start to the end on my PS2 and I didn't got any crashs, so there shouldn't be any problems with the english translation eitheir as the hacking is the same.

Edit 2 : That's okay, it was just bad luck. I retried and this time, after eleven tries, Shilka finally stole it! I then retried to see and the second time, it took 12 tries to steal it.
Blaw-
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby skymandr » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:04 am

Congratulations Blaw-!
skymandr
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Blaw- » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:24 pm

I still need to do some tests, as I plan to also make a guide book (PDF) of the game. Tryphon extracted the maps of the game at high resolution so it's pretty good to make detailled maps.

I'll do some further tests with Shilka to know EXACTLY starting from which level we can get the Visiophone and how to EXACTLY do it (if the gouvernor and library are both required, or just one of them, etc...)
Blaw-
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby scipion » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:14 pm

Blaw- wrote:We found some sentences we had forgot to dump (related with the containers, when you give an item, etc...) but overall, no bug so far for the beta-test of the french version on my real PS2.

Nei-First BLUE boobs.

Eusis disappointed by Nei-First BLUE boobs.

Hello Blaw,

Magnificent work, PS2 generations in french, trop fort!!!.

I used to play the genesis version, then the Jap version of pS2 gen, but this is too much :D

Anyway, is there a way to try the beta before it goes all out ?

And by the way does anyone has a deadline for the English release, just curious ?

thanks
scipion
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby Blaw- » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:29 am

I don't know yet if we'll do a private beta or directly release the whole thing. I don't mind doing a private beta, so it'll depend of what Tryphon want or not.

There's some little things remaining :

- Only 75% of the monster names are translated. We are yet to find good names for everything.
- Third (and last) script edit is in progress. It's approximatively 70% done (I did my tests with the second edit version).
- Few sentences (menus) are not translated yet because there weren't dumped. I translated them and they should be added to the game soon.
- Genesis version is not translated at all, but it won't be translated in the first release, I think, but only in the second version. Because we also plan to translate it. Basically, from what I saw, most Genesis and PS2 dialogs are identical. The only difference is the PS2 versions have a lot of new dialogs. So, we plan to do a tool which' will compare Genesis and PS2 dialogs, and automatically reinsert the PS2 french dialogs in the Genesis version, once the PS2 french dialogs will be finalized.
Last edited by Blaw- on Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blaw-
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Missagh » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:32 pm

This is lovely Blaw-.

Please do not forget to contact me (via PM here) a week before release and I will be able to create a section for it here at PS Cave!
-- Missagh Alami, webmaster of Phantasy Star Cave.
Missagh
The Administrator
The Administrator

Postby Blaw- » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:17 pm

No problem.
Blaw-
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby scipion » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:54 pm

Blaw- wrote:I don't know yet if we'll do a private beta or directly release the whole thing. I don't mind doing a private beta, so it'll depend of what Tryphon want or not.

There's some little things remaining :

- Only 75% of the monster names are translated. We are yet to find good names for everything.
- Third (and last) script edit is in progress. It's approximatively 70% done (I did my tests with the second edit version).
- Few sentences (menus) are not translated yet because there weren't dumped. I translated them and they should be added to the game soon.
- Genesis version is not translated at all, but it won't be translated in the first release, I think, but only in the second version. Because we also plan to translate it. Basically, from what I saw, most Genesis and PS2 dialogs are identical. The only difference is the PS2 versions have a lot of new dialogs. So, we plan to do a tool which' will compare Genesis and PS2 dialogs, and automatically reinsert the PS2 french dialogs in the Genesis version, once the PS2 french dialogs will be finalized.

Hello Blaw,

Thanks for the update, let me know if you guys decide to do a "private beta". And again, great work you have done.
scipion
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby spookeydonkey » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:40 pm

You guys are making my dream come true! Can't wait for a release!
spookeydonkey
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Shadar » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:12 pm

Great progress! Hope released soon!:)
Shadar
Pinchant
Pinchant

PreviousNext

Return to Fan stuff