Stix says, "Give me all your Twix!"

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Stix says, "Give me all your Twix!"

Postby Patraw » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:23 pm

Stix

Many-limbed cyborgs that can be encountered in the 1993 Sega Genesis roleplaying video game Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom. The enemies Glazstix, Metlstix, and Stix all share the same game sprite; they differ only in color and combat capability.

Surprisingly, given their build, Stix Series cyborgs do not utilize any of their appendages during battle. Instead, the machine indirectly attacks, and defends itself, with a small anti-gravity sphere. When released, this metal orb whirls around the Stix, in an elliptical fashion, brutally smashing into anything that gets too close and discouraging further assault. When not in use, this satellite is housed inside the Stix's body, out of sight. These cyborgs can also employ the Foi Technique, a searing bolt of fire that can be directed at a single target.

Materials:
Newsprint, white glue, wire twist ties, ink, gloss nail polish, super glue, plastic, watercolor paint, and acrylic paint.

Dimensions:
6.5 cm/2.6 in. x 7.7 cm/3.0 in. (widest point x highest point)

Time:
Two days; September 18 and 19, 2012. I completely modeled the figure and sphere on the eighteenth. On the nineteenth, I did all the painting/finishing and mounted the figure and sphere on transparent plastic stands.

In the land of Draconia within the unwelcoming walls of Techna Castle, Ayn and his companions wage battle against both a Glazstix and a Stix.

The party has stumbled upon a marauding band of Metlstixes and Spinners while attempting to cross the searing Aridian Desert.
Patraw
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Re: Stix says, "Give me all your Twix!"

Postby Missagh » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:53 pm

So very-very cool! I wish I had your skills. These pictures are definitely going in the fan creation archives of the main PS Cave site. Hope you don't mind! ;)
-- Missagh Alami, webmaster of Phantasy Star Cave.
Missagh
The Administrator
The Administrator

Postby augmentedfourth » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:42 pm

Wow! That looks awesome!
filthymindedandroids.blogspot.com - an incredibly Not Safe For Work blog

"A dirty book is rarely dusty." - unknown
augmentedfourth
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Black Sword » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:36 pm

Awesome! Will you be making others?
"Where is Black Sword? I'd know his Orakio anywhere!" - BenoitRen
Black Sword
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby Edge » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:05 pm

That is greatness... On a side note, if anyone ever remakes PSIII, you HAVE GOT TO write the bestiary for it. Seriously, lol
I've traveled back in time... 300 years... Just to call you a "Cracker"!
Edge
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Missagh » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:13 pm

Edge wrote:On a side note, if anyone ever remakes PSIII, you HAVE GOT TO write the bestiary for it. Seriously, lol
Haha I couldn't agree any more!
-- Missagh Alami, webmaster of Phantasy Star Cave.
Missagh
The Administrator
The Administrator

Postby Patraw » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:56 pm

Thanks for the feedback, everyone; glad you enjoyed Stix!

Missagh: Yes, you're welcome to add my photos to the fan creation archives, if you like.

Black Sword: I'll probably make more Phantasy Star figures in the future, although I can't say when. Currently I'm working on a Black Dragon from the Japanese Gameboy RPG Wizardry Gaiden III: Scripture of the Dark.

Edge: Writing a bestiary description for every monster and cyborg in Phantasy Star III would be a huge undertaking; I don't know that I'd have the time, or the ambition, for such a project. It took me many, many hours just to make my animated sprite bestiary for PS3.
Patraw
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Return to Fan stuff