PSV COMMUNITY PROJECT!! WE NEED YOUR HELP!!

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Re: PSV COMMUNITY PROJECT!! WE NEED YOUR HELP!!

Postby LegoMuskCat » Tue May 03, 2011 7:31 pm

I dunno how helpful I'd be from a writing-perspective, but I wouldn't mind giving input. ^^ I just need to know what you have in terms of overall setting so I don't run off and do my own thing. =p Otherwise, this project would wind up being however I envision it as opposed to whatever you had in mind originally.

Still, I would like to give your offer some more consideration first before I agree to anything, it'd be unfair to you to accept when I'm still juggling a project of my own. =(
LegoMuskCat
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Haaiku » Thu May 12, 2011 8:21 pm

Dreamer wrote:I dunno how helpful I'd be from a writing-perspective, but I wouldn't mind giving input. ^^ I just need to know what you have in terms of overall setting so I don't run off and do my own thing. =p Otherwise, this project would wind up being however I envision it as opposed to whatever you had in mind originally.

Still, I would like to give your offer some more consideration first before I agree to anything, it'd be unfair to you to accept when I'm still juggling a project of my own. =(

Its okay man- good luck on your project!
Haaiku
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Haaiku » Thu May 12, 2011 8:35 pm

YAY! Finally some previews of the graphics! In PSV, you can create your own character and auctually choose wether or not what you want to wear- Im trying to incorperate a "QUICK PIX" swapper, so you dont have to choose something you dont want, and can create your own! ooh, the possibilities...!

I also want the weapons and items to have pictures and discriptions-- heres a cool pic of the photon weapons- i want them to be rare- if you find one, keep it! there also most likely powerful-er then the weapons you can buy in stores-
the current weapons are-- (im leaving out PHOTON, cause they all would have them)

- Dagger
- Partisan
- Staff
- Saber
- Claw

and also the revolver-- Thats a special weapon- you only get two in the whole game, and they come from a certain special someone called, "The man in black"--

Anyway, this is an open project! have anything to add, well, ADD IT!
Attachments
Clothing Preview.PNG
Clothing Preview.PNG (1.68 KiB) Viewed 16133 times
Weapons Preview.PNG
Weapons Preview.PNG (20.79 KiB) Viewed 16133 times
Haaiku
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Shadowcaster » Mon May 16, 2011 6:56 pm

Those weapons are looking very good indeed, I'm really impressed by this artwork. But no matter how you look at it, the old-fashioned pistol doesn't fit in there, and I can't think of a sensible explanation to as to why anyone would use such a weapon in such a modern era. I know this feeling, when you tend to get inspirations from very varying sources. Inspiration is a harsh mistress, you should stick to the sci-fi.
Shadowcaster
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Haaiku » Tue May 17, 2011 7:18 pm

Shadowcaster wrote:Those weapons are looking very good indeed, I'm really impressed by this artwork. But no matter how you look at it, the old-fashioned pistol doesn't fit in there, and I can't think of a sensible explanation to as to why anyone would use such a weapon in such a modern era. I know this feeling, when you tend to get inspirations from very varying sources. Inspiration is a harsh mistress, you should stick to the sci-fi.

Auctually, the Revolver is an antique weapon that the character (who i only want to reveal when the beta comes out) "the man in black" uses-- in fact, there are the only ones of their kind and there are only two in the game.
Haaiku
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Shadowcaster » Wed May 18, 2011 1:44 pm

I read and understood that, but it still doesn't make sense.
Shadowcaster
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Haaiku » Thu May 19, 2011 7:44 pm

Shadowcaster wrote:I read and understood that, but it still doesn't make sense.

Im going to reveal a little about the man in black. (If you can complete the requirments) when he joins your party, he can
use ALL weapon types-- The man in black is a weapons collector which means the revolvers come naturally to him.

Just think of him as a space pirate *hint*hint*
Haaiku
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Haaiku » Tue May 31, 2011 9:23 pm

its the man in black...
Attachments
Man in black.PNG
look familiar?
Man in black.PNG (1.78 KiB) Viewed 16094 times
Haaiku
Locusta
Locusta

Postby mikepjr » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:16 am

After reading this thread.. it's no wonder i decided to make my game on my own... no this.. no that.. don't use this... keep this... so on and so forth.

My entire game is gonna use a lot of things from the past, established things.. i wanna make a game that links with the old games so much to the point that people are like "oh yeah! i know what that is from!".

I have a Lutz coming back in mine... only shes a female.. and i mean REALLY a female.. shes so obviously a female... not like maybe its a he or a she or both.. like all the Lutz before her.

Point is... fan games never get done cause no one is willing to work together cause someone always disagrees with one thing or another .. and so we can't ban together and work on something...

I feel like a Lutz is needed
I considered helping with this at first.. but i just totally disagree with how other things are going with this..

That being said, it would be nice to see it done rather than not be done... i mean every fan game that shows up here seems to go bye bye lol
mikepjr
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby LegoMuskCat » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:38 am

@mikepjr: The female Lutz idea seems to be something that quite a few people have thought of (myself included, but I think I would handle her different than most =p). And PSV, it's a dream that many have but no one gets anywhere with it (though I hope someone creates something). But I won't knock others' envisionment of it, not when I don't have anything to show for it myself. I've had ideas, partial story and a decent amount of background thought out, and some character designs made up, but there's no ambition for it at the present.
LegoMuskCat
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby mikepjr » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:01 am

I see..
It would be nice to see something completed though.
mikepjr
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Haaiku » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:16 pm

mikepjr wrote:After reading this thread.. it's no wonder i decided to make my game on my own... no this.. no that.. don't use this... keep this... so on and so forth.

My entire game is gonna use a lot of things from the past, established things.. i wanna make a game that links with the old games so much to the point that people are like "oh yeah! i know what that is from!".

I have a Lutz coming back in mine... only shes a female.. and i mean REALLY a female.. shes so obviously a female... not like maybe its a he or a she or both.. like all the Lutz before her.

Point is... fan games never get done cause no one is willing to work together cause someone always disagrees with one thing or another .. and so we can't ban together and work on something...

I considered helping with this at first.. but i just totally disagree with how other things are going with this..

WOW, your...reading...my...mind!!! auctually, i belive i may have already mentioned it, Lutz is auctually a girl in this one!
are you working on your own PSV? i've been writing along with Missagh and I thought of a great idea-- Although i want the story to stay hidden, there will be some sort of deminsional traveling-- Im hoping Missagh still has her story. if she does, then i have 3/5 parts needed for the finale.

That being said, it would be nice to see it done rather than not be done... i mean every fan game that shows up here seems to go bye bye lol
Haaiku
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Haaiku » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:18 pm

Dreamer wrote:@mikepjr: The female Lutz idea seems to be something that quite a few people have thought of (myself included, but I think I would handle her different than most =p). And PSV, it's a dream that many have but no one gets anywhere with it (though I hope someone creates something). But I won't knock others' envisionment of it, not when I don't have anything to show for it myself. I've had ideas, partial story and a decent amount of background thought out, and some character designs made up, but there's no ambition for it at the present.

Like i said to mikepjr, do you have anything else for PSV written out? if he tells me what his version is, and you tell me yours, then thats 4/5 stories done--
Haaiku
Locusta
Locusta

Postby HTD » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:05 am

mikepjr wrote:After reading this thread.. it's no wonder i decided to make my game on my own... no this.. no that.. don't use this... keep this... so on and so forth.

So your kinda using my idea for Lutz in my PSV fan project, your welcome to use her design if you want.
HTD
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby LegoMuskCat » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:10 pm

HTD wrote:So your kinda using my idea for Lutz in my PSV fan project, your welcome to use her design if you want.
I remember yours and thought she looked interesting. Mine was very much a tomboy and I had loads of fun exploring her poor, confused mind. =P

Haaiku wrote:Like i said to mikepjr, do you have anything else for PSV written out? if he tells me what his version is, and you tell me yours, then thats 4/5 stories done--
Here's the thing. Mixing and matching is a fine idea and all, but I had a whole cast of characters who would need the background I have set up for 'em. It's like my baby, you know? I'm not sure I want it mixed up with a PSO-esque setting since it wouldn't suit it. =( I think many of my ideas would clash with yours, too.

Bleh, but that's me being uncooperative. =p
LegoMuskCat
Scorpius
Scorpius

PreviousNext

Return to Fan stuff