Side scrolling game

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Postby Edless » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:06 pm

Ok for tonight here she go giving all she's got for that punch.

Tomorrow : "the power of the punch"
Edless
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Mega Man model T 101 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:31 pm

I see you're going with Nak's style of Neifirst.

Not a bad choice. :wink:

Just a question, do you have enough animations for what characters you've showed to make a small animated gif? Not with backgrounds of course, or perhaps you could show us the sprite sheets of what is done so far?

And if you need ideas of how certain characters would be like, or need animation ideas, I'd be more than happy to give you ideas and suggestions! Along with a visual aid if possible. :D
Mega Man model T 101
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Zucca » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:56 am

Cool work!
What it the line in almost every picture?
I am NaN!
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst

Postby Mega Man model T 101 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:14 am

Well, if my assumption is right, it is the color scheme for the sprite it is next to. That way there, one doesn't have to look for every single pixel color in the sprite if the want to recolor it. :wink:
Mega Man model T 101
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Edless » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:02 am

Indeed you're right, I went with Nak's Neifirst and the line next to a gif is the color I use to make the sprite.

From what have seen so far, taking only few colors to make a sprite makes it more understandable.

I took Nak's image for the color and then I moded Camelia's image for the image in my previous message, and this one is the first Nei I made with almost no model.
Edless
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Mega Man model T 101 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:52 pm

That's excellent! With the backgrounds you have collected, and your sprite talents, someone maybe able to make a fangame with the Game Maker. I myself would try too, but I can't get the hang of it.

Mostly because I have gotten used to the Games Factory. You can't make all sorts of flashy affects in that one, like say in the Game Maker I think, I'm not sure. But you can make a good platformer if you work at it. Mostly I can picture making a game with Nei a bit easier than someone else, mostly because Nei is a melee person, and mostly I can picture her as a female version of Wolverine, from X-Men 2 Clone wars.

Which is this one here.

If I can do it right, I maybe able to make a game sort of like this.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

The stages would be explorable, and some areas in a stage you would have to find a key or something somewhere in the stage to gain access. Or some would be pretty straight forward. Either way, Nei would be able to cling to walls and ceilings like Wolverine. I have ideas on some of Nei's moves. Such as I would think she would have a triple slash while standing or crouching, but I think she should do something different while jumping. And she would be able to go into a crawl to get into small spaces.

And if Neifirst were to be playable, I would think she would be sort of like Luke from Apprentice of the Force, which I referenced in my first post on the first page of this thread. In a nutshell, those two are good starting marital to see if someone were to make a fangame.

So, could you work on all the animations for Nei, and post her sheet, along with the backgrounds you have? Those are excellent for making games.
Mega Man model T 101
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Edless » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:32 pm

I don't know if I could transform a wolverine into a nei: not talking about the size of the muscles but mostly because the colors are totaly different and so are his clothes, Nei having a monokini where Wolverine has a bodysuit.

Once shrinked, colors and shapes being scrambled, it'd be quite confusing to me.
I'll might try after I improve my skills.

I'll post a Rune sheet next time as he is really easy to adapt from a "Soma" sheet (Castlevania)

Apart from that, I just saw that I shall be carefull not to shrink the sprite too much or else they won't fit together.

I've been working on two sprites for Gryz/Spike, here is the second sprite, I didn't put much effort with the background, but still I wanted to post it 'cause it's lively.

I'll post the other one once finished, maybe tomorrow.

PS

Sorry except for Rune, I don't have any animation sheet.
I don't have any animation for nei but the pics I show here... I could easily mod Camelia's animations though.
Edless
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Mega Man model T 101 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:32 am

Whoops, I did word that a bit funny before, sorry about that. I didn't mean you should edit a Wolverine Sprite, I did mean, edit the Camelia sprite animations into ones similar to a Wolverine. That was what I meant, but I worded it wrong.

Soooorrrrryyyy, but yeah, I would like to see the Camelia sprite edited to where she runs, jumps, and attacks, and look like the style Andrew drew, like the sprites you've posted for Nei so far. Keep up the good work, as always. 8)
Mega Man model T 101
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Edless » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:12 pm

Well, how shall we call this one?
Dark thoughts... ?

I've always thought that walking on those passerels was so great.
It was like seeing the game from a whole new perspective.
Simplistic graphics do have some good points.
Edless
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Mega Man model T 101 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:44 pm

Now that's neat! Grys look well done, and Rika, nice! Like how you have Alys leaning on the edge of the window! Keep up the good work, Edless! And nice on how you darkened the second pic.
Mega Man model T 101
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Edless » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:49 pm

Ok here is a simple image with no objects in it. It could look dull.

Still, making the little Island and the water effects took me longer than I thought.(Water effects are from the sand worm by the way)

The first image is here to show how it looks like at about half the work

Then here comes the finished one with no blurry pixels with text and things being cleaned up.

I messed it.. I should have stopped with the first image maybe... colors aren't so great and I like the halo effetc given by blurry pixels on Alys. [ok that was a doubt I had at first glance but this one also is ok, especially with the coconut tree that mix nicely unespectedly... it's from sonic 3]

EDIT

[color edit]

And for the sprites, here are the earth quake attack from the king rappy and sandworm.
For the sand worm sorry colors are mixed with background I didn't take the time to clean it up

Last edited by Edless on Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Edless
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Mega Man model T 101 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:41 pm

Looks great! I also like the new style boots you gave Rika. :D
Mega Man model T 101
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Edless » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:25 pm

Here we go with Zio.

I'd like to make the dark force head vomit the smoke but I couldn't make it nice. Smoke should slip, float on the floor and fall when comes a stair.
Couldn't do it yet, maybe later.

I also made Zio and his cult that could have been emphasised in the game. (In my first play, I didn't realised Zio had followers)

EDIT

[SmokelessZio] Smoke effects are nice but in the end, clear pics might be better. Moreover I also like the symbols in this pic, I feel that the pyramidal shape and the sky behind makes Zio more messianic.

Well, here it is for today.
I make images taking a char randomly and putting him in a set that might suits him according to the sources I find.
Does anyone in this forum want a special pic?
Edless
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Mega Man model T 101 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:42 pm

Well, why not try and make a pic with Alis? And the pics continue to look great.
Mega Man model T 101
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Missagh » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:22 am

Wow edless, these are great stuff. If I was making a PS fan game, I would get you involved.
-- Missagh Alami, webmaster of Phantasy Star Cave.
Missagh
The Administrator
The Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Fan stuff