The dissappointment in PSIII

Discuss anything related to the Phantasy Star series

Re: The dissappointment in PSIII

Postby Zucca » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:01 pm

Dreamer wrote:Another thing that I loved were the items. You can use certain equipment to heal your party in or out of battle. Example: You're stranded in the middle of the desert and most of your party is dead, and you have a Force Claw handy. You can use it to revive your members free of charge and TP!! I have a mostly complete list of usable items, if anyone cares to see it.

I'd like to see that list. :O
I am NaN!
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst

Postby SouthpawLink » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:45 am

I'm currently replaying Phantasy Star I and also playing Phantasy Star IV for the first time. When I'm done with IV, I'll move on to III. I have played a little bit of III already (on GBA), and I have to admit that I wasn't blown away at first. I'd like to give it a honest chance, and hopefully I'll enjoy it as much as some of you have.

At the rate I'm going, I don't think I'll get to III until mid- or late April. When I do get the chance to play it (and finish it), I'll post my thoughts on it in this thread.
SouthpawLink
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby Zucca » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:24 pm

That's the right attitude: Not to just ignore the whole game and say it sucks only by one hour of play. :)
I am NaN!
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst

Postby Semix » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:32 pm

Was that a reference to me? lol.
Semix
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby Zucca » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:09 pm

Semix wrote:Was that a reference to me? lol.
Nope. It was a reference to all those, sadly many, people who give their judgement before they even have much of experience of the thing they judge.

EDIT:Grammar error correction
Last edited by Zucca on Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am NaN!
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst

Postby Semix » Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:23 pm

i had a simular thing on Far Cry 2, i didnt like the drving aspect and distance from mission to mission, but now im okay with it and im enjoying the multiplayer. Maybe one day ill enjoy the other PS games...
Semix
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby GaryOak » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:43 am

PSIII wasn't bad, it was just kinda odd. I played it first 'cause I liked the medieval feeling it has. I didn't understand the battle system at all. There was too much walking during the game and the characters move so SLOW. Music was pretty good though not even close to PSIV. Storyline was partially great but it sure had some f*cked up scenes too, like "Lyle is a dragon, Lyle dies" -part.

But the game didn't leave bad taste, it had its moments.
GaryOak
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Zucca » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:49 pm

GaryOak wrote:I didn't understand the battle system at all.
The battle system is almost the same as in PSII, but a bit more advanced. Only thing I noticed which wasn't very well planned was when choosing a target - where ever you might point the d-pad, the selection always just jumps forward one target. So no moving to left when choosing a target.
I am NaN!
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst

Postby Abominae » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:29 pm

Semix wrote:
Zucca wrote:
Semix wrote:You understood the battle system - wow you are smart. MAkes no sence. Also i hate the lack of speed, yes just moving about
It's basically same as in PSII, but there's long-distance weapons and maxium of four groups of enemies.

Yeah the speed of PSII bored me too. And i'm complaining about the symboly on the battle system - also i didnt know about long distance weapons ^^

The speed of PS3 really irritated me, but not so much with PS2... I don't know, maybe it's just me, but PS2 was simply more interesting.
Abominae

Postby Zucca » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:17 pm

The walking speed was the same in both games. It's just that in PSIII there's longer distances. One of the reasons for this is that the devs hadn't time to add more places. :|
I am NaN!
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst

Postby NYKgjl10 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:59 pm

GaryOak wrote:PSIII wasn't bad, it was just kinda odd. I played it first 'cause I liked the medieval feeling it has. I didn't understand the battle system at all. There was too much walking during the game and the characters move so SLOW. Music was pretty good though not even close to PSIV. Storyline was partially great but it sure had some f*cked up scenes too, like "Lyle is a dragon, Lyle dies" -part.

But the game didn't leave bad taste, it had its moments.

I agree 8)
NYKgjl10
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Nate556 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:00 am

Zucca wrote:The walking speed was the same in both games. It's just that in PSIII there's longer distances. One of the reasons for this is that the devs hadn't time to add more places. :|

Longer distances mean more battles which means more EXP and more gold which means higher levels and better gear.
I'm weird.
Nate556
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby thriwren » Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:59 am

Nate556 wrote:
Zucca wrote:The walking speed was the same in both games. It's just that in PSIII there's longer distances. One of the reasons for this is that the devs hadn't time to add more places. :|

Longer distances mean more battles which means more EXP and more gold which means higher levels and better gear.
I'm weird.
Gold?
Thriwren - Lvl 140 - Fortegunner lvl 20
thriwren
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby Zucca » Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:35 pm

thriwren wrote:Gold?

You just reached one level up on phannie scale. :D
I am NaN!
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst

Postby Abominae » Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:50 pm

thriwren wrote:
Nate556 wrote:

I'm weird.
Gold?

Yes, we know...

But still... perhaps it's simply my taste for games, but the grind in PS2 was easier (meaning: it didn't make me feel like someone was squeezing on my brain) than in PS3.

I've always said PS3 had a lot of problems... And I mean a LOT of problems... A lot, a lot, a lot, a lot, a lot, a lot, a lot, a lot, a lot, a lot, a lot... but I never said I didn't like the game.

Yes... I watch too many cartoons. It's a problem when you have younger brothers and sisters.
Abominae

PreviousNext

Return to Phantasy Star