Discuss anything related to the Phantasy Star series

Postby Zucca » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:04 am

Agreed, 100%.
I am NaN!
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst

Postby thriwren » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:27 am

I could not find hard evidence to support any connection in PSO. Also, there was no Numans on the world ship (Also take into fact that the only two from PS II was both dead, so no possibility of any in PSIII). PSU is in a different dimension that the rest of the series as evidence from actual game play. The only connection I see from PS III and Online and Universe is that there are people living in space on some kind of man made device.
Thriwren - Lvl 140 - Fortegunner lvl 20
thriwren
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby Abominae » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:11 pm

My intent was not to say that PS3 was not important (rereading... where the hell did you get that from?)

From what I have read, it sounds more like you don't want to hear that PS3 doesn't hold up against the likes of PS2 and PS4.

I've played thru PS2... I've played thru PS3, all 4 endings... and I've played thru PS4. The one that played the smoothest was PS4. It was much more indepth than either 2/4. PS3 just didn't have that magic... no matter how much you wish we would tell you it does.

If you like the game more than the other three (PS1 included), that's great... but... you sound much more like the disillusioned gamer than you do someone with an actual argument.

You know what? ff4 is my favorite game ever. I constantly hear crap about how great 6/7/tactics/etc. are but almost no one even mentions 4. But, so f***ing what? I've played thru it more times than I have all the rest of the ff games put together (and that is a mighty number indeed) so if you have a problem with someone bashing the game you love, go cry me a damn river.

And to think, I only meant to give you a realistic outlook on the title...
Abominae

Postby BenoitRen » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:10 pm

We all know that PSIV was the most accessible one already. It's also the newest one of the bunch. Surprise?

You know, if you want to put a Phantasy Star game down, do it with Phantasy Star Gaiden.
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

Postby HTD » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:42 am

The truth is due to having to speed up production loads got cut out.
The only difference I see is that PS III got screwed over unlike PS 1.2.4.
It had some real novel ideas for an rpg at the time, Just like ps 2 it has a great plot twist. Not only that but you have a fresh departure from the series which isnt always a bad thing, I think it increased positive opinion about 4.
The whole generation system was cool.

I think if it had been given the love the others obviously got then the game would compete.
I love playing it because its such a strange game and truely does feel like a fantasy where anything could have happened or been going on.

Guarented if they remade this game making it more like Phantasy Star 4 in graphics and the game mechanics that opinions would change.

Its like PS Online wasn't exactly classic ps but people enjoy it, PS 3 is more tied to the classic series than fans wanna accept perhaps.
HTD
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby BenoitRen » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:50 am

thriwren wrote:I could not find hard evidence to support any connection in PSO.

I think he meant that PSIII inspired PSO. It certainly seems that way, because originally Searren from PSIII was going to appear in the game.
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

Postby Semix » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:24 pm

Muuu teKi wrote:I figure the confusing battle menu system is to cut down on piracy much in the way that old PC games did -- requiring having the manual or other pack-ins in order to play the game efficently (without ridiculous trial and error)..

This is much like how Phantasy Star II had a guidebook packed-in with the game, likely just so that players could actually get through Ikuto with their sanity intact.

Certainly it's something worth revamping, however.

Lol having it on a PSP collection (now ps3 too) it seems more than confusing
Semix
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby thriwren » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:36 am

BenoitRen wrote:
thriwren wrote:I could not find hard evidence to support any connection in PSO.

I think he meant that PSIII inspired PSO. It certainly seems that way, because originally Searren from PSIII was going to appear in the game.
The ruins seems to be a bit like the "Cave" passages between the domes. and P2 does look a bit like a part of a world ship.
Thriwren - Lvl 140 - Fortegunner lvl 20
thriwren
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby Zucca » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:06 am

http://www.rpgamer.com/games/ps/ps3/rev ... trev1.html
It's pretty fair review, but why to give battle system only 5 points? Because it's more advanced than PSII's?
Also this review says that PSIII's plot doesn't meet with the others. Well. Not much if you think the characters, but when you think the whole world ship theme, then it really meets with other classic games' series plot.

The reviewer also mentions the graphics and music in the way that I have already mentioned. While some are outstanding, the others aren't good. Sometimes I feel like the battle music was some kind of prototype. :P
I am NaN!
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst

Postby Semix » Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:43 pm

Zucca wrote:http://www.rpgamer.com/games/ps/ps3/reviews/ps3strev1.html
It's pretty fair review, but why to give battle system only 5 points? Because it's more advanced than PSII's?
Also this review says that PSIII's plot doesn't meet with the others. Well. Not much if you think the characters, but when you think the whole world ship theme, then it really meets with other classic games' series plot.

The reviewer also mentions the graphics and music in the way that I have already mentioned. While some are outstanding, the others aren't good. Sometimes I feel like the battle music was some kind of prototype. :P

You understood the battle system - wow you are smart. MAkes no sence. Also i hate the lack of speed, yes just moving about
Semix
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby Zucca » Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:49 pm

Semix wrote:You understood the battle system - wow you are smart. MAkes no sence. Also i hate the lack of speed, yes just moving about
It's basically same as in PSII, but there's long-distance weapons and maxium of four groups of enemies.
I am NaN!
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst

Postby Semix » Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:28 pm

Zucca wrote:
Semix wrote:You understood the battle system - wow you are smart. MAkes no sence. Also i hate the lack of speed, yes just moving about
It's basically same as in PSII, but there's long-distance weapons and maxium of four groups of enemies.

Yeah the speed of PSII bored me too. And i'm complaining about the symboly on the battle system - also i didnt know about long distance weapons ^^
Semix
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby Semix » Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:32 pm

well i dont like walking speed or battle system, i do like....

errr...

well i never got into it i cant say much
Semix
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby Zucca » Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:37 pm

Indeed. You should play and get to know PSIII first. Because it differs from PSII, it might feel a bit stange at first.

Btw. You know, you could just edit your post instead of double posting. ;) Double posts often make discussion messy.
I am NaN!
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst

Postby Semix » Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:51 pm

Zucca wrote:Indeed. You should play and get to know PSIII first. Because it differs from PSII, it might feel a bit stange at first.

Btw. You know, you could just edit your post instead of double posting. ;) Double posts often make discussion messy.

Yes and my signature takes up a lot of space :P
Semix
King Rappy
King Rappy

PreviousNext

Return to Phantasy Star