PS2 - Did the team survive??

Discuss anything related to the Phantasy Star series

PS2 - Did the team survive??

Postby SegaFan » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:44 am

What do you think, did Rolf & gang survive the attack of the earth people at the game ending?

When Chaz touches Elsydeon (in PS4) he gets to see them, but it is not clear if they won or not...
SegaFan
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby Black Waltz 0 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:09 am

I think they were all killed by the earthmen. It didn't seem like there was any logical way for them to get out of that alive.

That's the lesson you know, never dream.
Check out my PS fanfics here!
The Phantasy Star fandom's resident yaoi manaic...
Black Waltz 0
Scorpius
Scorpius

Location: On a rocket hurtling through space at the speed of light.

Postby BenoitRen » Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:06 pm

That doesn't make sense. If the Earthmen survived, there would have been a new Mother Brain.

Personally, I'm not sure. Maybe they blew the ship to bits and died that way.
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

Postby SegaFan » Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:02 pm

Hm... I won't agree that they had no choice.

By using the Neisword they could transport themselves back to Lutz.
SegaFan
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby KexMex » Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:49 pm

They got boom'd and that's that.

:twisted:
PROUD MEMBER OF THE CULT OF DEMI!

BEHOLD DEMI IN HER PIXELLATED GOODNESS!!!
KexMex
Locusta
Locusta

Actually..

Postby Lord Khyron » Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:47 pm

As I said in a previous post.. Lutz REFUSED to allow them to teleport back.

After Dark Force and Mother brain were dead, Rolf and Co coulda just rested. But no, Lutz FORCED them to find the Earthmen. EVen if they had won, Lutz wouldn't have allowed them to return. They would have been massacred by the Motavian people.

HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of Earthmen is the official japanese number. Rolf and Co died.

The fact that no Landeel bloodline exists in PS IV shows this. Rolf was the last. He died as did the others wiping out the Earthmen.
~Ima Ga Sono Toki Da!"
~Imagination and memory are the same thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names~
Lord Khyron
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Edless » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:15 pm

I also think they all died.
To me, if they were to survive in PSII, They'd have left a hint or a trace of their life in Dezo or motavia.

They probably fought 'til the end and when there were no hope, at last I think possible that with the Megid technic, Yusis blew up a part of the ship, leaving no chance for the survivor to survive.
Last edited by Edless on Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Edless
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Mister Death » Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:34 am

i agree with Edless. The team did not survive but they took the Earthmen down with them.
Eusis saves!
Mister Death
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby IndispensablePeaGuy » Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:53 pm

I hope they didn't. Shitty heroes for one of the shittiest games of the PS Series.
IndispensablePeaGuy
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby Danny » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:43 pm

Mister Death wrote:i agree with Edless. The team did not survive but they took the Earthmen down with them.

I have the same opinion. Rolf's group went down fighting so they all made it to Valhalla. :lol: The ending of PSII, the short clip of them in PSIV, it all leads to that same conclusion that they died fighting the Earthmen. Which makes me feel a tad bad that I'm one. Heh, that rhymed a bit.

Peegai wrote:I hope they didn't. Shitty heroes for one of the shittiest games of the PS Series.

Regardless how you feel about the game, you have to admit that the characters were pretty good. They were better than the ones in the games before them in my opinion. My second favorite actually. My first is the PSIV ones.
Last edited by Danny on Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Run for your lives! It's the huge sandworm that never reaches you!
Danny
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby LegoMuskCat » Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:20 am

Peegai wrote:I hope they didn't. Shitty heroes for one of the shittiest games of the PS Series.

And yet... Chaz is clearly based off Rolf, Hahn from Hugh, and Rika from Nei. Do you dislike these characters? Also, many of the others aren't that original either in PSIV, with the exception of Kyra, Demi, Raja, and Gryz.
LegoMuskCat
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Lucid » Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:41 am

I don't think those faces we saw when Chaz took the sacred sword were people who merely died of natural causes. They were people that died in the struggle. Rolf & Co. perished, but as someone else said they took the Earthmen with them. I made it known in another post how I believe this happened and why.

I believe a "protector" was put in charge of protecting the Megido techniques for this reason. After seeing Rolf lose his cool and trigger it, and then the 3'rd generation character in PS3 do the same and almost kill themselves after defeating Dark Force (that would have been a bit anti-climactic)... measures had to be put in place to prevent it from happening again. A test to make sure the person wouldn't abuse the power. Chaz passed this test.
I will make sure that my brother died not in vain!
Lucid
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Del_Ian » Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:41 am

Tsu wrote:Chaz is clearly based off Rolf

*boggle*

...How?
Rawr.
Del_Ian
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Danny » Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:51 am

Del_Ian wrote:
Tsu wrote:Chaz is clearly based off Rolf

*boggle*

...How?

Rolf: Image

Chaz: Image

They both have the same basic physical body and state of mind. Main character/hero who's unsure about himself at first, then becomes very confident and strong latter on. They both also have good healing techs and great attack ones. Great skilled fighters and average tech users. They both also get the Megid tech. Chaz's is better though as it doesn't hurt party members too. They both use daggers/knifes and swords but Rolf can even equip some guns. I guess agents get more training than hunters do.

Rolf is a bit more serious than Chaz though as he was an agent before the mother brain incident happened. They've also had their share of losses and heart breaks. Rolf lost Nei and Chaz lost Alys but he still had Rika so Rolf did suffer a bit more than him since he lost the woman he loved.

Note: The picture of Chaz is kind of messed up with black blobs like my Hahn avatar. The shading on the characters is too black for some reason. This happens with most from here even though the images themselfs are good and don't have any black blobs. I wonder why when they're posted, this happens? This also seems to happen to the PSIV characters and not the PSII ones probably because of the shading.

Hugh: Image

Hahn: Image

Same thing with the state of mind and physical body. They both are biologists and botanists with a average fighting power but good techs with good attack techs and great healing ones. They both mostly play the role of the loyal and polite helpful scientist, partners. Both use daggers and knifes as weapons. I think Hugh can also equip some one handed guns.

These guys would have probably loved to meet each other. Rolf and Chaz would challenge each other to sparing matches and Hugh and Hahn would be talking about biological topics and history. Haha, this would make a great fan comic if there isn't already one I haven't seen yet.

Nei: Image

Rika: Image

It's pretty obvious how they're similar. Cute and kind cat girls who are met by the main character/hero and become girlfriends to them. Makes me wish that I was a main character too in a PS game...

The difference between them is that Rika is very intelligent unlike the somewhat air-headed Nei (no offence to her). She also has fighting techs which Nei doesn't (since she dies pretty early in PSII) and even more healing ones. I don't get why Nei dies when Nei first is killed? This isn't like the DBZ Piccolo-Kami thing where they are the same person but sepeared. They have the same DNA but if your clone dies, you don't.

In my opinion, this was a failed attempt at making a good reason for you to have three character spaces in your group since Rolf would always take Nei with him. They should have just made five character space like in PSIV rather than killing off Nei which is one of the most well known and liked character in PSII.

Edit: It also seems as though PSIV Alys is a combo between PSI Alis and PSII Anna.
Last edited by Danny on Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Run for your lives! It's the huge sandworm that never reaches you!
Danny
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby skymandr » Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:52 am

Danny wrote:
Del_Ian wrote:Note: The picture of Chaz is kind of messed up with black blobs like my Hahn avatar. The shading on the characters is too black for some reason. This happens with most from here even though the images themselfs are good and don't have any black blobs. I wonder why when they're posted, this happens? This also seems to happen to the PSIV characters and not the PSII ones probably because of the shading.

Your PS4-gifs have transparency activated, which makes one colour take the colour of the background, in this case black, instead of the intended colour. They should be resaved with this setting turned off.

Incidentally your sadnworm has the opposite problem, since the white field is obviously intended to be transparent... =)
skymandr
Scorpius
Scorpius

Next

Return to Phantasy Star