"episode 2" extra missions (poss. spoilers)

Discussions about Phantasy Star Universe

"episode 2" extra missions (poss. spoilers)

Postby Mister Death » Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:03 am

I just finished them all tonight.

The ending made me sad. Poor Curtz! I hope someone got him out safely. I really wish Illuminus would come out now so I can check up on him...

It was mean of them to kill off all the Lous but one. they were my other favourite character(s). they reminded me of Demi a little. Control Lou is cool though. like regular Lou but even more so, due to being stuck in a command centre for her entire life. the end of PSU spoiled Lou a little, what with her suddenly mysteriously empathising with humans when she clearly has no emotion chip installed. Control Lou has no such concerns, for she is merely Control Lou.

the other characters i dont really care about... Ethan's new outfit is good, i guess, and its nice that he's grown up and is doing something other than being a generic main character.

I like the way the GRM turned out to be evil. it's so much more interesting playing through a game where the guys who make your weapons, armour and recovery items are trying to infect you with an evil virus, possibly transferable via armour, weapons and recovery items. i'm never shopping at the GRM again... OOH SHINY NEW SUV WEAPON! GIMMEEEEEEE!
Eusis saves!
Mister Death
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Miraglyth » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:55 pm

Curtz will be fine. You don't see dialogue arranging for an incapacitated (clearly not dead) character to be made safe this way unless they were going to survive.

The NPC we should have doubts for would be Lucaim Nav. For one thing we don't have his partner card so it's definitely possible for him to be written out of the story. For another, how would they explain him reviving from ICS, being mysteriously free of the virus and sufficiently knowledged that he'd need to get to the evacuation area?

Were the Lou units destroyed? I thought it had said that they were deactivated or similar. I would put good odds on at least some of them being restored. Either way, I find it funny that the master Lou is just as "good" in battle as the "combat Lou" units.

I don't think the final chapter even mentioned G.R.M., but all we know is that they are being used by the Illuminus. It's possible that they're not inherently evil at all, as far as I'm concerned.

Episode 3 will (according to JP sources) be the last episode. What that says for their plans beyond that, I don't know. Either way, Episode 3 will apparently be multi-threaded, where your choices can determine what happen including (magazines say) which characters live or die.

Just how they're going to go about doing that I have no idea, but if they only let each character do one story route ever they're making a tremendous mistake.
Miraglyth
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Postby Mister Death » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:16 pm

something i was wondering about Lucaim Nav: why does he look like an old man? CASTs don't age in the same way as humans do. Or was he designed to look like an old man, or just customised himself to look older for cosmetic reasons, or what?
Eusis saves!
Mister Death
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Miraglyth » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:23 pm

Clearly the writer's intent was to make him fit the "perverted old codger" stereotype.

As for the character's reasoning, it's never given, but is presumably something to do with appearing wise to his students and harmless to his foes.
Miraglyth
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Postby thriwren » Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:10 pm

Nav looks like Roshie from the Dragon Ball series.
Thriwren - Lvl 140 - Fortegunner lvl 20
thriwren
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby Sinue » Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:05 pm

Poor Curtz! I hope someone got him out safely.

Curtz was incapacitated on the Central Table of the Guardians Colony which got ejected. He's fine, and I THINK it's stated in the text as such, but it's a very quick mention... perhaps at the text at the very end.

It was mean of them to kill off all the Lous but one.

We don't know if all the Lou's are dead. We only know that they went out of control. They could be subdued similarly to Curtz and then have their behavior control chips replaced. The main Lou unit is too important to have her go on missions, so to make her the last one left would be to effectively write her out of the story aside from comm communications.
Sinue
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Postby Mister Death » Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:41 pm

wait a minute...
huge space station crashing into a planet named something that sounds suspiciously like Palma...
they aren't going to blow up Parum, are they? if they do, I want a Rykros clone to play on.
Eusis saves!
Mister Death
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby thriwren » Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:00 am

Yeah, but tylor did not save ya this time around.
Thriwren - Lvl 140 - Fortegunner lvl 20
thriwren
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby Del_Ian » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:56 pm

Parum does not go 'splode, since one of the new stages is supposedly going to be the ruins of the colony.

And, er, they are putting in Rykros. I banged my head on the table. Would it kill them to have an ounce of creativity? ~_~
Rawr.
Del_Ian
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Mister Death » Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:46 am

they are?
*drools*
Eusis saves!
Mister Death
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Del_Ian » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Don't get too excited, it's Ryucross in name only. The planet looks like a freaking clown on acid, it's a dark planet, and it's supposed to be the SEED homeworld. The name and being a planet are the only resemblances. Another cheap, empty reference from ST! (I swear, every time you think they're improving things and finally getting past raping PS for ideas they apparently can't come up with on their own, they take another step backwards and do more of this crap. Sigh. Maybe if it bore any resemblance whatsoever to the real Ryucross/Rykros I'd be excited by it, but as it is, it's just another trashy reference like Ne- whoops, sorry, Mirei.)
Rawr.
Del_Ian
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Mister Death » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:59 pm

yes, there are a lot.
ALTHOUGH... they're lacking the important thing that was in PS1, 2, 4 and PSO.
THAT DAMN DUNGEON CAKE SHOP!

incidentally, Fulyen = Fourren?
Eusis saves!
Mister Death
Blastoid
Blastoid

Haha... Ian..

Postby Lord Khyron » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:52 am

He wants original idea. They don't exist anymore for RPGS.

They are all cliched and rehash the same things.

Hell, PS V could come out and it could be like 4, but people wouldn't be happy.
~Ima Ga Sono Toki Da!"
~Imagination and memory are the same thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names~
Lord Khyron
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Thanatos » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:02 am

Not to sound ignorant, but where is this all from?
Thanatos
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Mister Death » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:45 pm

get them from the GUARDIAN HQ on floor 5 of the colony
Eusis saves!
Mister Death
Blastoid
Blastoid

Next

Return to Phantasy Star Universe