EpIII Questions - Card existance

Phantasy Star Online discussions only

Postby Forge » Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:23 am

Do these cards actually exist?<p>Delsaber - apparently, it does not exist in the game at all, but it is in the opening movie...<p>Dark Flow - the picture for this card is shown at the loading screen, and in the opening movie...
Forge

Postby Lord Khyron » Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:49 pm

Del-saber does not exist. Neither does Dark Flow.<p>You see, certain monsters only exist in Episode III via VR data integrated with GERM. <p>Del-saber isn't an attainable card, Just like the Dark weapons in Episode 2 aren't attainable.
Lord Khyron

Postby Neo48 » Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:45 pm

Yet Khyron...aren't available yet :P
Neo48

Postby LaconianShot » Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:26 pm

It'd odd that they would do such a thing... put it in the intro, but not in the game. Perhaps because the intro was available first?
LaconianShot

Postby Lord Khyron » Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:30 pm

Actually, Del-Saber is not attainable at ALL.<p>Even the AR coders couldn't find the data for it.<p>Del-Saber data does not exist, the card does not exist.<p>Even Sonic Team has quoted this.
Lord Khyron

Postby LaconianShot » Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:32 pm

I was talking in regards to a teaser...
LaconianShot

Postby Neo48 » Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:59 pm

Beware the Delsaber!<p>I bet they couldn't incorperate its battle style into Ep. 3 combat. If you see it in Ep. 1&2, its quite interesting.
Neo48

Postby Lord Khyron » Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:18 pm

Please, Del-saber could be done if the card was programmed in.<p>They even got Epsilon to work, and he's more deadlier than in the tower quests. <p>
Lord Khyron

Postby Neo48 » Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:15 am

Epsilon!? But one of his functions was to follow and home in on a moving object...how could that work?<br><p>[size=small][Edit by Neo48 on [TIME]1106270179[/TIME]][/size]
Neo48

Postby Lord Khyron » Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:44 am

You don't want to know!<p>OMFG, then Amplum Umbla summons him..<p>You're as good as dead unless Amplum meteors him to 1 HP..<p>He's worse than Delbiter!
Lord Khyron

Postby Forge » Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:42 am

I suppose that the Delsaber attacks in combo in Ep1&2, but you can only attack once in Ep3 per creature.<p>Aaargh! I wanted one. Then my Darkness deck will be complete. I need another decent creature to compliment my Chaos Sorcerer and Dark Belra.
Forge

Postby Benoit » Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:06 pm

The correct spelling is Delsaber. Del-D doesn't change that fact.<p>Neo meant that the Dark weapons weren't yet available on Ep. I & II, he wasn't talking about the Delsaber. So your comparison is incorrect. ;)<p>In my case, Epsilon stayed away nicely. Good boy. :D
Benoit

Postby Lord Khyron » Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:18 pm

You forget the creatures with double hits.<p>One if the Sinews has that, It hurts like hell!<p>Especially with a HP attack.<p>It's sad there is no Delsaber :(
Lord Khyron

Postby Neo48 » Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:16 pm

Think of how a Delsaber acts in combat. When at a range, you can always hit it with a gun. But up close, it takes timing to attack it with melee, because it has an evading ability that he be done over and over...until it has the opportunity to strike. The only way is to get behind it. Even if its in the middle of attacking, it can go back to an evading strategy until it has the opportunity to strike again.<p>Truly a formidable foe. His leaping attack makes him all the more dangerous.<p>To incorperate something like that into the battle system of Ep. 3...may have been too hard.
Neo48

Postby Lord Khyron » Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:42 pm

Not really.. there is something called.. "Weak hit block" "L-rank halfguard" etc that mimic the actions of those monsters.
Lord Khyron

Next

Return to Phantasy Star Online