AAAAAAAH! How do you beat Mother Brain?!

Discuss anything related to the Phantasy Star series

Postby Browren486 » Wed Apr 07, 2004 2:46 pm

I've been dwelling on this all of the time! I mean, who do you use? What levels should be required to fight her? It's been weeks since I played that game. I got [S]aggravated. [/S] I mean [S]Aggrivated [/S] ... just angry!
Browren486

Postby Monocromatico » Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:05 pm

The only time I got that far, I was using Rudo, Kain and Anna. Rudo for massive attacks, Kain for techs, Anna as a multi role character, and Rolf to save everyone´s ass.<p>There´s no secrets. You have just to level up a lot. I remember I fought her just after Rolf learned Megid, maybe 3 or 4 levels after that. I should have forced a little more to level up a little bit, but it worked anyway.
Monocromatico

Postby Benoit » Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:53 pm

Use Deban a couple of times. Either with Amy, or with the Snow Crown item.
Benoit

Postby Browren486 » Wed Apr 07, 2004 8:50 pm

I think I need to level up my people...lol
Browren486

Postby Goldark » Thu Apr 08, 2004 4:46 pm

I can't belive it! You beated Dark Force and can't beat that poor excuese for a game final boss?!? I always have had problems beating DF, but MB was a piece of cake, just died 3-4 times, and I was Lv35, without moon dews, or star mists.... Or maybe my memory fails me, it was 12 years ago after all.
Goldark

Postby ThePeaGuy » Thu Apr 08, 2004 9:13 pm

After you beat Dark Force on Noah, head back to the nearest save point and inn straight away! You have a better chance of beating Mother Brain and completing the game that way as you have the the chance of restocking some health items to prepare you for the last boss - this way is a lot easier than taking on both Dark Force and Mother Brain head on.
ThePeaGuy

Postby Siren » Fri Apr 09, 2004 12:08 am

<blockquote>I can't belive it! You beated Dark Force and can't beat that poor excuese for a game final boss?!? I always have had problems beating DF, but MB was a piece of cake, just died 3-4 times, and I was Lv35, without moon dews, or star mists.... Or maybe my memory fails me, it was 12 years ago after all.</blockquote> <p>Well, theres no need to boast, Goldark. What level you beat the game on depends on your strategy, how much you level up earlier on, and also your members. For example, Hugh is next to useless against Mother Brain, because spells like Savol and Doran (not alot of people knew this, but Doran makes any monster as dangerous as a kitten) don't work on her. Also, if you decide to use Megid a bunch, then you'll have to stock up on health recovery items. Finally, the final boss greatly depends on if you have Amy in your party. She'll make the battle way easier, though I didn't use her.<br><p>[size=small][Edit by Siren on [TIME]1081478985[/TIME]][/size]
Siren

Postby Browren486 » Fri Apr 09, 2004 1:33 am

I beat it! <p>It's about time too. I mean, the Gameboy Advance versions of Phantasy Stars 1, 2, and 3 are harder to play in my opinion. My thumbs always pressed B instead of A.<p>I stuck to ThePeaGuy and Siren's advice. Thanks a lot, guys.
Browren486

Postby Benoit » Fri Apr 09, 2004 1:48 pm

Goldark wasn't boasting at all. Mother Brain is easier than Dark Force.
Benoit

Postby LaconianShot » Fri Apr 09, 2004 5:55 pm

Eh? There are many things that make Dark Force easier then Mother Brain...at least for me. <br>1: Both Kain and Hugh's spells work on him.<br>2: Attacks are less devastating.<br>3:He was rarely doing damage. Just trying to corrupt people, which didn't work too often with me anyway.<br>The only thing that makes Mother Brain *possibly* easier is the extremely predictable attack pattern.
LaconianShot

Postby PhanGarrett » Fri Apr 09, 2004 6:08 pm

The team you're supposed to use (ie, everybody the only way to get an ending where you don't see two of the same character, and the only way to get everyone to be using two Nei items) consists of Rolf, Rudo, Anna and Amy. I would reccomend that you just keep the Deban up and keep everyone healed, whether you have to use Trimates or Res to do it. Pound as hard as you can, and personally, I always liked to use Megid as a last resort.<p>Basically the idea is that Rolf, Rudo and Anna are all heavy-hitters. Amy isn't, but that only means that she can be devoted to keeping your party healed. Do make sure that your characters are as high a level as you can get them. Levels are extremely important in this game. If Rolf doesn't have Megid yet, then you don't stand much of a chance.
PhanGarrett

Postby ThePeaGuy » Sun Apr 11, 2004 1:30 am

Or you can have Kain instead of Anna for his NaGaj technique which is effective against DF and MB, as well as his double Laconian Mace attack(providing he has the two maces equipped). He's also pretty useful to have as well right, Garrett/Meira?
ThePeaGuy

Postby ill-intent » Sun Apr 11, 2004 2:08 am

One is only harder than the other if the computer decides to be. I fought against him once with my team at MAX level and he killed me because everyone was corrupted and the Nei sword didn't flash ONCE. (and I mean NEVER) Of course, another time, the sword flashed everytime even one person was hit and I put my foot so far up his arse I lost it.......<br> Mother Brain can be tough, but only if she does her single hit (higher damage) attack frequently to the weaker characters. (Nothing like wasting all your heals 'cause she decided to single out Kain or Anna)<p> Again, it's all chance.
ill-intent

Postby Benoit » Sun Apr 11, 2004 10:59 am

I find Dark Force to be harder because you can't heal immediately when you're hit. And he hits hard. So you're likely to die quickly.<p>And how do you know what hits and what doesn't? As far as I know, you don't see the damage you're doing.
Benoit

Postby DaveGeorge » Sun Apr 11, 2004 12:51 pm

No, you don't need megid to beat mother brain. The first time I beat the game rolf was on lv 32 and rudo, anna and amy on lv 28 :) actually it was quite simple as long as you use deban.<p>I personally think that dark force is a lot more difficult than mother brain. That psycic force of him that makes your partners evil is soo frustrating...
DaveGeorge

Next

Return to Phantasy Star