Obtaining the roadpass in PS (remake)?

Discuss anything related to the Phantasy Star series

Postby hyuga » Mon Mar 29, 2004 4:02 pm

The first time through I had a hard time trying to obtain the roadpass. Once I was able to obtain it, I was sure that talking to the person inside the northeast-most house in Parolit was the missing piece. The second time through, I talked to everyone after leveling up a bit, including the guy in Parolit. I was able to obtain the roadpass.<p>I am trying that part again, this time concentrating on the roadpass and the steps need to obtain it. Alas, I have not been able to obtain it. I've talked to everyone multiple times, especially the guy in the NE house in Parolit.<p>I wish I knew more Japanese. :-( I think the guy is trying to say that he does not know a method for obtaining it. He mentions the shopkeeper from the second-hand shop. There is a sentence I can't make out. I can't figure out what the "muri" in the sentence means. It is in katakana so I assumed it was an English term or a name, but there is no guarantee it is.<p>I guess I never really knew the right method. I was lucky to even get it in the first place. I really want to know!<p>Ah, the frustration... !@#$ Does anybody know how? :(
hyuga

Postby ill-intent » Mon Mar 29, 2004 8:14 pm

It's not a matter of talking to everybody repeatedly. The point is to id a specific individual on the streets as each person either denies it or gives some hint. You have to talk to a specific set of people in a certain order (A-C-B-A-D etc etc). So yes, you do have to talk to some of the townspeople twice, but not until AFTER you've talked to another. I can't remember the specifics (it's been half a year since I played it). so I can't give you an exact walkthrough but I hope this helps.
ill-intent

Postby hyuga » Tue Mar 30, 2004 4:14 pm

Does the person give you a name or maybe a clue on who is next on the list? Are they all "street people", or could it be a person in a house. I realize you played this a long time ago, so I apologize for being persistent. I think I can now spend a few more hours on this with a dictionary. :p
hyuga

Postby ill-intent » Wed Mar 31, 2004 6:58 pm

Sorry, been too long and I can't remember. But I can give you the same advice I gave to friend of mine a while back. If you hardly know any japanese, just talk to each person 2 or 3 times, see what their message looks like, then try moving from one to the next and if they say something that doesn't match what you're used to seeing from them, that's the next step. There's only a handfull of people in town so it won't take long.
ill-intent

Postby zoothe » Tue Apr 06, 2004 4:18 am

Okay, I just found the Roadpass and I'm going to try to explain how I got it. Bear with me though, because I don't know how to read Japanese at all, so I've been going on by recognition of the symbols.<p>-First speak to the guards blocking your way to the Spaceport.<br>-Then speak with the old man in the SW house in CAMINEET. I think he asks if you want to know some history. Answer with the default response (which I think is along the lines of yes) and he gives you the lowdown. When he's done, talk to him again and he'll mention the Roadpass.<br>-Now go to SCION and speak with the man dressed in red walking around the NE part of town. Talk to him twice and pay attention to what he says.<br>-From there go to PAROLIT and speak to the guy in NW house twice (you'll notice he mentions some of the same stuff the previous guy did).<br>-Now go talk to the guy in the NE house (twice to be safe). He mentions the roadpass.<br>(Okay now here it gets tricky because I don't remember exactly what I did all that well)<br>-Go back to Scion and speak to the girl walking right near the item shop.<br>-Right after go speak to the guy in green walking around just to the lower-right of that girl.<br>-Now talk to the girl in the SE house.<br>-Now you should go to the item shop and the shopkeep will mention the roadpass but will not offer it for sale. Cancel out and speak to him again and repeat this process until he offers it for 600 Meseta.<p>If that doesnt work I apologize, but I can assure you it's very close if not dead on. Anyone who tries this let me know if I made any mistakes :)<p>[size=small][Edit by zoothe on [TIME]1081289384[/TIME]][/size]
zoothe

Postby hyuga » Tue Apr 06, 2004 1:54 pm

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by zoothe</i><p>Okay, I just found the Roadpass and I'm going to try to explain how I got it. Bear with me though, because I don't know how to read Japanese at all, so I've been going on by recognition of the symbols.<p>-First speak to the guards blocking your way to the Spaceport.<br>-Then speak with the old man in the SW house in CAMINEET. I think he asks if you want to know some history. Answer with the default response (which I think is along the lines of "yes") and he gives you the lowdown. When he's done, talk to him again and he'll mention the Roadpass.<br>-Now go to SCION and speak with the man dressed in red walking around the NE part of town. Talk to him twice and pay attention to what he says.<br>-From there go to PAROLIT and speak to the guy in NW house twice (you'll notice he mentions some of the same stuff the previous guy did).<br>-Now go talk to the guy in the NE house (twice to be safe). He mentions the roadpass.<br>(Okay now here it gets tricky because I don't remember exactly what I did all that well)<br>-Go back to Scion and speak to the girl walking right near the item shop.<br>-Right after go speak to the guy in green walking around just to the lower-right of that girl.<br>-Now talk to the girl in the SE house.<br>-Now you should go to the item shop and the shopkeep will mention the roadpass but will not offer it for sale. Cancel out and speak to him again and repeat this process until he offers it for 600 Meseta.<p>If that doesnt work I apologize, but I can assure you it's very close if not dead on. Anyone you tries this let me know if I made any mistakes :)<br></blockquote><p>I'll try this today. I really do not know why, but getting the roadpass became a big deal for me. After hours of trying to decipher and translate what people were saying, I was still not able to obtain it. I was able to obtain it 4 times, but I did not "see" the procedure to do it. I was very frustrating and I decided to stop trying. I'll let you know when I try it.<br>
hyuga

Postby hyuga » Fri Apr 09, 2004 5:15 pm

I tried this procedure as soon as I started a new game. Since I haven't had a chance to really play anything lately, I tried it very quickly. It did not work. Right now I am giving it the benefit of the doubt until I have a chance to step through the procedure again when I have more time.<p>Did you try these steps right after you start a new game?<p>Has anyone else tried this?
hyuga

Return to Phantasy Star