Phantasy Star Gen1 - Stuck At Top Of Baya Malay Tower

Discuss anything related to the Phantasy Star series

Phantasy Star Gen1 - Stuck At Top Of Baya Malay Tower

Postby rockphantom » Fri May 17, 2019 6:59 pm

Howdy,

I'm playing the Phantasy Star Gen 1 English translation. I've made it to the top of the Baya Malay Tower.
I have the Aeroprism. However, the cut scene shown in the walkthrough videos on Youtube is not occurring.
Myau simply states "Woo! Baya Malay looks so small".

I have been using Ludico's Walkthrough to get through the game and don't believe I have skipped any of the trigger conversations in the game.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps2/91512 ... 734?page=1

Any guidance would be appreciated.
The last time I played the original Phantasy Star was on the Powerbase Converter on my Genesis, way back in 1990.
I am eager to complete PS1 Gen 1 so that I can play the PS2 remake of Phantasy Star 2 one of my all time favorite games.

Thank you!
Attachments
PS Gen1 Maya Tower.JPG
PS Gen1 Maya Tower.JPG (125.77 KiB) Viewed 5425 times
Last edited by rockphantom on Sun May 19, 2019 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rockphantom
Pinchant
Pinchant

Re: Phantasy Star Gen1 - Stuck At Top Of Baya Malay Tower

Postby rockphantom » Fri May 17, 2019 11:13 pm

On a related note, I also cannot get into the Dezorian cave. The Dezorian at the entrance states "Ye Can't Get Into De Corona Tower". According to the FAQ, the Dezorian at the entrance should be telling me to go left.
I have already completed everything in the Corona tower, I want to pick up the Laconia shield in hopes that it will resolve my issue at the top of Baya Malay. I am beginning to wonder if the translated version of PS Generation 1 I have is glitched.
Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!
rockphantom
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby Bug » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:58 am

Did you ever figure it out?
Bug
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Postby rockphantom » Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:13 pm

Unfortunately, no I haven't figured it out. I am planning to move on to Phantasy Star 2 Gen1. Phantasy Star 2 has been one of my favorite games since April of 1990. I am looking forward to playing the Playstation 2 remake. :)
rockphantom
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby rockphantom » Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:02 am

UPDATE: I was able to solve my problem and progress to the Air Castle!! I went back and talked to Damoa the seer (in Baya Malay Tower) for a second time. This unlocked the cut scene at the top of Baya Malay Tower. I then went on to complete PS GEN1! After grinding through PS GEN 1 over the course of the summer in hopes of solving my dilemma, I was able to get my party up to level 100, which made defeating the final two boss characters very simple. I would like to state that being required to chat with NPC's multiple times in order to progress in PS GEN 1 was VERY frustrating!!

I am currently going through the original Phantasy Star 2 for the first time since 1990. I am playing the version of the game on the Sega Genesis Classics Playstation 4 disc. Upon completing the original Phantasy Star 2, I will go on to PS Gen 2! I am looking forward to re-experiencing this classic RPG from my youth!
rockphantom
Pinchant
Pinchant

Return to Phantasy Star