It's Demi's turn

Discuss anything related to the Phantasy Star series

It's Demi's turn

Postby etony33 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:17 pm

I'd imagine she will have her own set of problems later on, especially since she can't equip the vast majority of weapons that you get after Nurvus, but it has been quite easy so far.

She starts off with just a Shotgun (+6 ATK, added into the game exclusively for the Party Select hack) and Head Gear. Nonetheless, most attacks only did one damage to her, even from Igglanova. Most items are useless to her, so I stocked up on Escapipes and Teleipipes.

She did have some trouble in the Tonoe warehouse, but gaining a couple levels solved that. Likewise, Speards still hurt, and Rippers *really* hurt.

I fought Juza at level 16, expecting it not to go all that well, but everything except Forceflash did 1 (or minimal) damage with Barrier up. I threw the Impacter and Titanium Armor into a shop in Aiedo, since they're dummied out of this hack. Next is the plate system.

I still have to finish Hahn and Gryz. I get bored and switch.
etony33
King Rappy
King Rappy

Re: It's Demi's turn

Postby etony33 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:42 pm

Do you know what this means? Well, I'll tell you what it means. It means I'm going to have to grind like crazy. There's only one way to heal (well, two, counting the one Repair Kit I have), and that is by using Recover. If I'm forced to use it every time Gy attacks, well...that's not good.
etony33
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby etony33 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:34 pm

U CAN'T TOUCH THIS

U CAN'T TOUCH THIS

STOP

DEMI TIME
etony33
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby Zucca » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:22 pm

Hmmm. Does the other party members, which you'd normally have in the party, follow you (Demi), but only Demi does battles?
I am NaN!
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst

Postby etony33 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:56 am

Nope. Just Demi. There are times where I have to put others into my party, namely when someone is leaving, but otherwise it's just the solo character.
etony33
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby etony33 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:21 pm

I forgot that Repair Kits could be farmed in the Plate System. I got 10 of them, then beat Gy at level 28 without much trouble.

I realized, though, that there's a glitch in this party select hack that makes Repair Kits not work if you are alone. So, I have to drag dead Seth everywhere.
etony33
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby Doctor Hooves » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:10 pm

That’s a pain about the Repair Kits, there’s a bug that prevents Medice being used on a solo Kyra too.
Doctor Hooves
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby etony33 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:55 pm

Holy sh...

I just beat Zio with 6 HP, no Recovers, and no Repair Kits left. It was just intended to be a test run, and it went really well, mostly because I was VERY lucky with Zio's choice of attacks. If I tried it with that setup 20 times, I'd probably die 19 of them.

It has been very easy to this point, at least relative to other solo runs. That is about to change drastically, because Demi is stuck with the Wave Shot until endgame.
etony33
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby etony33 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:56 am

Flare Shot absolutely obliterates Demi. Demi's attack does something like 50 damage to DF1 (who resists F1), and Phonon does just over 100 (again, F1).

Dynamite actually does the most damage, at around 125. This means I'm going to have to farm a bunch of it. At least Float Mine is susceptible to Spark.
etony33
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby etony33 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:03 pm

Sa-Lews is going to be fun for Demi. And by fun, I mean that I'm crapping my pants in fear.

Every single weapon she can equip does F1 damage. Sa-Lews is immune to F1 (as is De-Vars), which is a huge problem, as it means that Demi will need to use the Thunderclaw to deal around 100 damage at a time.

I just tested it to see if it's even possible. It is, but it's going to be tough. Tandle was doing 250-300 damage to Demi, even at level 99 and with Barrier up. Thankfully, Flaeli does virtually no damage. I'm going to have to grind like crazy for that battle. Lashiec and DF2 will be no picnic, either.
etony33
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby Doctor Hooves » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:52 pm

Eep, I guess some Demi boss fights aren’t exactly a relaxing hit-hurt-heal repeat, a lot of stuff sounds geniunely hard.

DF3 probably won’t be too hard, since Shadow and Mindblast are useless against Demi and Wren.
Doctor Hooves
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby etony33 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:10 pm

I beat DF1 at level 40. It took quite a while to get the items I needed (though luckily, farming Dynamite isn't that bad when it comes to not becoming massively overleveled).

I had 21 Repair Kits and 17 Dynamite. I finished with 3 Repair Kits and no Dynamite. So, pretty close!

Luckily, I can get all the Repair Kits I need now.
etony33
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby etony33 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:58 pm

Demi just beat PD at level 83, by far the lowest level of anyone to this point. I probably could have done it at an even lower level, but I wanted to not have to immediately heal after taking a Light Shower at full health.

The battles I expected to be really tough - Lashiec, DF2, and Sa-Lews - weren't that bad because of Barrier. Demi was FAR easier than Hahn, who was easier than anyone else.

Alys is next.
etony33
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby Doctor Hooves » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:17 pm

Good to hear that you didn’t have a ton of trouble with Demi.

Alys might be a bit tough at times, but not the hardest.
Doctor Hooves
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby etony33 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:39 pm

Definitely not the hardest or anywhere remotely close. The only bosses I envision problems with are DF1 and obviously the final battle. Between the Plasma Field and group attacks, the Xe-A-Thoul battle will be a walk in the park.
etony33
King Rappy
King Rappy

Return to Phantasy Star