Proof that The Old Man is not Myau

Discuss anything related to the Phantasy Star series

Postby Dorrinal Blackmantle » Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:46 pm

<blockquote>There are no other answers to who the Old Man would be, if he isn't Myau. If he isn't important, then why would he be be so important to the other muskcats in Mist Valley? That one cute muskcat was trying to impersonate him.</blockquote><p>Time to put down the crack pipe. The reason this whole debate is here is because Old Man could be anyone, not necessarily Myau. He could be another cat. He could be a descendant of Myau. And unless you find actual proof (not just your feelings about developer's intent) your assertion that the Old Man is Myau is FALSE.
Dorrinal Blackmantle

Postby Starlight » Mon Apr 18, 2005 3:21 pm

Gee, and I thought we are having a DEBATE here, not a personal attack session. You'd might want to read up on forum rules, FYI. PM me if you want to get personal, "sweetheart".<p>Anyway, of course the Old Man <i>could</i> be anyone. Like Malakai, I'm <i>arguing</i> that he is, indeed, Myau, and I'm backing up reason to support my claim.
Starlight

Postby Benoit » Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:09 pm

<blockquote>if the Old Man isn't Myau, who would it be, and why would he have wings? After the Air Castle was destroyed, there was no need for them anymore. Also, after the events of PSII it seems that the musk cats retreated to the safety of Mist Valley, hiding in that cave until you find them in PSIV. Not one Dezorian knows of their exsistence. So if they're in Mist Valley for that long, why in the world would a musk cat need wings? Or be 10x the size of the rest for that matter?</blockquote><br>Because he's the leader and keeper of the Silver Tusk.<br> <blockquote>why would the makers of sega try to intentionally confuse players of Phantasy Star and place an unimportant winged-beast muskat character, who bears likeness to Myau, but isn't Myau?</blockquote><br>To reference Myau and his growing wings in the first Phantasy Star, just like many other things in PSIV.<br> <blockquote>And just as I've said, "generations" could simply be implying the generations of the heroes of Algo(l).</blockquote><br>Not at all, because then it wouldn't be handed down.<br> <blockquote>Like Malakai, I'm arguing that he is, indeed, Myau, and I'm backing up reason to support my claim.</blockquote><br>From what you have said in this thread, you seem to want to believe that it is Myau, disregarding evidence pointing to the contrary and changing the meanings.
Benoit

Postby Monocromatico » Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:16 pm

The main reason of why I think that´s Myau it´s because, if he isn´t, then that point of the game would completely unnecessary and pointless. I mean, why do I need to find a supposedly legendary flying cat who I never met before to get a weapon that isn´t even that powerful after all? I could live without that. I put PS4 so down in my favorites list because of so many empty refferences to previous games, and that would be just another one.<p>Now, if he WAS Myau, now I would have a good reason to go to that cave a get a weapon that isn´t even that powerful.
Monocromatico

Postby Dorrinal Blackmantle » Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:04 pm

Mono and Starlight:<p>Sure, it might be nice to think that the Old Man is Myau, but you haven't provided any actual evidence. Your feelings about how the game/story should be do not change any of the facts.<p>As a note, Silver Tusk is Rika's strongest weapon (despite the fact that it does not have the highest attack power). It does the most damage to "evil" creatures, which include Profound Darkness and everything you fight in The Edge.
Dorrinal Blackmantle

Postby Dorrinal Blackmantle » Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:07 pm

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Monocromatico</i><br>Now, if he WAS Myau, now I would have a good reason to go to that cave a get a weapon that isn´t even that powerful.<br></blockquote><p>I'm a bit confused about this. I don't recall exactly, but I remember the musk cat cave was completely hidden and no one pointed you to it. So we're never "given" any reason to go there in the first place. What do you mean?
Dorrinal Blackmantle

Postby Dorrinal Blackmantle » Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:11 pm

<blockquote>Time to put down the crack pipe.</blockquote><p><blockquote><i>Originally posted by Starlight</i><br>Gee, and I thought we are having a DEBATE here, not a personal attack session...<br></blockquote><p>No personal attack, just a figure of speech sweetheart ;)
Dorrinal Blackmantle

Postby Monocromatico » Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:42 pm

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Monocromatico</i><br>Now, if he WAS Myau, now I would have a good reason to go to that cave a get a weapon that isn´t even that powerful.<br></blockquote><p><blockquote><i>Originally posted by Dorrinal Blackmantle</i><p>I'm a bit confused about this. I don't recall exactly, but I remember the musk cat cave was completely hidden and no one pointed you to it. So we're never "given" any reason to go there in the first place. What do you mean?<br></blockquote><p>I mean it´s pointless. If Myau was there, then at least *I* would have a reason to go there.<p>But it is some random 2000 years old musk cat who holds Myau´s weapon, but is not Myau!
Monocromatico

Postby Dorrinal Blackmantle » Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:55 pm

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Monocromatico</i><p>I mean it´s pointless. If Myau was there, then at least *I* would have a reason to go there.<p>But it is some random 2000 years old musk cat who holds Myau´s weapon, but is not Myau!<br></blockquote><p>Does the game say that he is 2000 years old?
Dorrinal Blackmantle

Postby Lord Khyron » Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:49 pm

You don't have to visit the musk cats to finish PS IV. <p>o.o
Lord Khyron

Postby Gipper » Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:56 pm

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Malakai</i><p>I stand corrected about the Wood-Cane. Thanks for ponting that out.<p></blockquote><p>I was right, and the great Malakai was <i>wrong???</i> Armagedon must be nigh!
Gipper

Postby Malakai » Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:09 pm

You gotta love this kid.<p>Well, if it means Armageddon is coming then I better start getting things right.
Malakai

Postby KexMex » Wed Apr 20, 2005 5:31 am

This thread sucks. ~_~
KexMex

Postby Gipper » Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:10 pm

<blockquote>You gotta love this kid. <br>Well, if it means Armageddon is coming then I better start getting things right.<br></blockquote> <p>I probably need to reactivate my signature warning of my 75%-of-the-time-sarcasticness.<p>But has anyone really found proof that the Old Man is Myau? So far, I only see stuff against it being Myau, other than "Who else would it be?", which can be answered with a simple, "Any important Musk Cat."
Gipper

Postby Rika » Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:03 am

I always assumed the Old Man was Myau also. It doesn't make any sense if he wasn't Myau. You all think too much about stuff.
Rika

PreviousNext

Return to Phantasy Star