NES PS4

Discuss anything related to the Phantasy Star series

NES PS4

Postby gm2987 » Mon Feb 23, 2004 2:43 am

First off this is not a joke.<p>Anyway I remember maybe a year or so ago, someone at SFC (a forum Casey and I go to) Someone posted a few Screen shots of a rom that was from what it looked like Phantasy Star 4 on NES and no I'm not kidding I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about it? It was in japanese, from what I remember you could only go up until you got Ashling. So anyone know anything about it?
gm2987

NES PS4

Postby Lord Khyron » Mon Feb 23, 2004 2:46 am

Naflign has a section on it here. It was called "ALIEN WARRIOR" I believe. Let me see if I can find it.. <br>His website is down however :( I am sorry.<p>If you're interested.. Ys 3 and Valis were also released<br>on the NES.. HEHE<br>
Lord Khyron

NES PS4

Postby Benoit » Mon Feb 23, 2004 1:04 pm

It was one of those Hong Kong hacks/warez.<br>It only works on one emulator, at least at the time Naflign wrote about it. And it was not a free one...
Benoit

NES PS4

Postby Missagh » Wed Feb 25, 2004 11:10 am

Download the rom here (the game is tawanese):<br>http://pscave.com/pso/cool/ps4nes.zip<p>Download (updated) NES emulators here and test them out:<br>http://www.zophar.net<p>Best regards,
Missagh

NES PS4

Postby ThePeaGuy » Wed Feb 25, 2004 6:38 pm

Phantasy Star on the old Nintendo machine? Crikey...<p>Don't mean to get off-topic, but I heard that the original Phantasy Star game is available on mobile phones now. Is this true or not?
ThePeaGuy

NES PS4

Postby Missagh » Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:10 pm

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by ThePeaGuy</i><br>Phantasy Star on the old Nintendo machine? Crikey...<br>Don't mean to get off-topic, but I heard that the original Phantasy Star game is available on mobile phones now. Is this true or not?<br></blockquote><p>Correct. Actually, the original PS was playable on mobile for a long time ago too, I had a note (and a screenshot of it) in the PS news earlier.<br>Best regards,<br>
Missagh

NES PS4

Postby Benoit » Wed Feb 25, 2004 11:07 pm

But only in Japan, folks.
Benoit

NES PS4

Postby looked » Fri Feb 27, 2004 3:36 am

Actually I think the Rom might be in chinese. I downloaded it about a year ago, but only played up to the basement boss. It's pretty hard to fumble through the menu's. I think the emulator I used for it was Famtasia, or FCE Ultra. But yeah, it would only work on 1 emulator. Hopefully someone will translate it into English.
looked

NES PS4

Postby Benoit » Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:12 pm

What good would it be to translate? It's only a short inferior version of the real game.
Benoit

NES PS4

Postby Amwhere » Sat Feb 28, 2004 12:13 am

Yeah.<p>Now, if it was for the SNES, it might be worth it.
Amwhere

NES PS4

Postby PhanGarrett » Fri Mar 05, 2004 10:30 pm

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Benoit</i><p>What good would it be to translate? It's only a short inferior version of the real game.<br></blockquote><p>I don't think "inferior" would be the word I'd use.<p>Clearly though, this game was not intended to bring the game to a different audience. I'd consider it to be more of a curiosity, existing only for our own amusement.
PhanGarrett

NES PS4

Postby Monocromatico » Fri Mar 05, 2004 10:53 pm

The information I have about this game is that it´s a non-authorized copy of PS4 ported to NES only in Taiwan. Apparently, the game isn´t even complete.
Monocromatico

NES PS4

Postby PhanGarrett » Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:11 pm

Indeed. As Khryon said, it's a hack of the game "ALIEN WARRIOR". The idea is more or less just to take one game and turn it into a different game by modifying graphics, scripted events, and sometimes even some of the executable code.<p>It seems like something somebody just kinda did when they got bored. They messed around with it for a while, and once they got tired of screwing around with it, they moved on to something else. Thus, why it's not complete.<p>As I said-- it's pretty much just a curiosity for us to be amused with. Definitely nothing serious to observe.
PhanGarrett

NES PS4

Postby HuBBsDoctor » Tue Mar 09, 2004 7:56 pm

Here's a small site that lists some badly pirated games for the snes, nes and other systems.<p> http://www.nesplayer.com/pirates/ <br><p>[size=small][Edit by HuBBsDoctor on [TIME]1078886171[/TIME]][/size]
HuBBsDoctor

NES PS4

Postby Benoit » Tue Mar 09, 2004 9:19 pm

Very interesting. Thanks for the link, HuBBs.<br>I'm kind of impressed by the pirated SMW. :)
Benoit

Return to Phantasy Star