The dissappointment in PSIII

Discuss anything related to the Phantasy Star series

Postby Lassic's Chllun » Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:20 pm

I consider it an RPG. And how can you POSSIBLY put PS1 before PS2 on your favorite PS list? PS2 is number one on my favorite video game list, period. And that is an extensive list. PS1 wasn't even in the same league for enjoyability.
Lassic's Chllun

Postby Kars! » Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:43 pm

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Lassic's Chllun</i><p>. And how can you POSSIBLY put PS1 before PS2 on your favorite PS list? PS2 is number one on my favorite video game list, period. And that is an extensive list. PS1 wasn't even in the same league for enjoyability.<br></blockquote><p>really?<br>i like more ps1 cause is a really puzzle-based rpg , nothing is linear, you have to voyage continuosly between 3 planets gaining clues on each<p>in ps2 you have only to go straight , i like it cause the great story , great pgs, also it has a very cool appearance<br>but requests very lower IQ
Kars!

Postby Malakai » Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:00 am

Those dungeons require more than low IQ to figure them out, espeically from Green Dam-Noah. Of course if you cheat like a pansie WITHOUT a brain and use the hintbooks then you're off all right.
Malakai

Postby Lassic's Chllun » Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:10 am

Lemme just target a few dngeons by name: Climatrol, Blue Dam, Green Dam, Menobe, Ikuto, Noah. PS1 has, uh, Baya Malay. Whoope.
Lassic's Chllun

Postby Monocromatico » Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:28 am

PS1 took advantage of all Master System´s potential, while PS2 was lacking it, technically speaking (damn, PS1 is the most beautiful game, grafically, of all the first four... and you can´t even get into the woods in PS2). So there.
Monocromatico

Postby c0|2n_0n_7H3_c08 » Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:18 pm

i dont suppose people here read my post? lol... why are peopel still comparing a genesis game over a sega 8 bit game. It makes sense comparing PS games with each other on the same system. but comparing it with a system that came out in the 80s is just plain unfair. Ill wait for the next generation console with a new PS game. After that ill just smack talk older ps games for genesis to a PS game that is on a console with cell processors that has the latest ATI/Nvidia gfx chip for consoles.
c0|2n_0n_7H3_c08

Postby Benoit » Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:25 pm

Phantasy Star II was developed while the specs for the Mega Drive weren't known yet. The console was still in development. But they still managed to make PSII a fine game.<br>In that light, it's impossible to make use of all of the console's potential, both because the specs weren't known, and because it was at the beginning of the console's lifespan.<p>It's as great an achievement as PSI.
Benoit

Postby Kars! » Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:23 pm

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Malakai</i><p>Those dungeons require more than low IQ to figure them out, espeically from Green Dam-Noah. Of course if you cheat like a pansie WITHOUT a brain and use the hintbooks then you're off all right.<br></blockquote><p>also in ps1 there were very intricate dungeons ( like lac sword dungeon)<p>hwr i like ps2 dungeons even if i think first person dungeons looked great <p>but i refer to item finding! in ps2 when you finished a zone , DONE! finish! you need no more to think at it!<br>when you 're on dezo then you have to return on motavia only to change party!!<br>this is "linear no brain"<p>ps1 & 4 continuosly need to change planet and also visit same locations to acquire news!<p>
Kars!

Postby Benoit » Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:58 pm

PSIV was actually the most linear of them all.
Benoit

Postby Kars! » Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:09 pm

only bacause you can't choose which of 4 dungeon on dezo going first?<br>i hopo not
Kars!

Postby Malakai » Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:00 am

Well, you can cartainly choose which you go to first, but odds are that your survival rate goes down if you went to say, Ikuto first rather than Menobe. I went to Naval first once just to see how it would be, and I got fried like a skillet of mushrooms.
Malakai

Postby Lassic's Chllun » Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:20 am

I tried Guaron first. Its atually a pretty wise choice- simple dungeon layout, similar enemies to Menobe, great rewards, if you survive.<br><p>[size=small][Edit by Lassic's Chllun on [TIME]1109294446[/TIME]][/size]
Lassic's Chllun

Re: The dissappointment in PSIII

Postby Zucca » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:40 pm

Monocromatico wrote:I may agree that the battle system sucked, that the game was too easy, that the characters were too slow, that there were useless places to explore just to find nothing, and etc. But if there are 2 things I can never agree is about graphics and music. The monster design (not the battle animation... which manages to be better than the Final Fantasies by the time, still) and the sprites and character portraits were by far the best art works of the series. <p>And I have 3 words for the music: Best. Song. Ever. (the main theme and it´s variants, specially Laya´s world theme, simply magical)
I remember liking the walz music. But battle musics are quite terrible. If I'm collecting exp I turn music off.
Graphigs are good, animations are... well "What animations?". Flapping ears or weaving finger isn't the way I thought anyone could really infilct damage to anyone.
I am NaN!
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst

Postby rlrunyon » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:23 am

I DID NOT like PS3. I could never get into playing the game. It just seemed too boring for me.

I've never played PS1. It seems like I could play it. It kinda reminds me of old Dragon Warrior games. =)

PS2 was a great game. The only beef I had with it is that it took you ten minutes to walk across town. O_o That and the boring combat backdrop.

PS4 was the best. Great story, graphics, and gameplay. I enjoyed every bit of PS4. I just wish they would recreate it with a whole lot more things to do. After playing through it and beating it, it leaves you wanting more. =D

PSO was a good game. I never played it online and bet it wouldv'e been fun online. It was repetitive by yourself. =)

I've only played the 360 demo for PSU, so I can't say much about it.

All of the other games, never played. =)
rlrunyon
Locusta
Locusta

Re: The dissappointment in PSIII

Postby Zucca » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:15 am

Kars! wrote:<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Lassic's Chllun</i><p>. And how can you POSSIBLY put PS1 before PS2 on your favorite PS list? PS2 is number one on my favorite video game list, period. And that is an extensive list. PS1 wasn't even in the same league for enjoyability.<br></blockquote><p>really?<br>i like more ps1 cause is a really puzzle-based rpg , nothing is linear, you have to voyage continuosly between 3 planets gaining clues on each<p>in ps2 you have only to go straight , i like it cause the great story , great pgs, also it has a very cool appearance<br>but requests very lower IQ

Both games are hard for first timers.
Only PSIV felt quite easy on first play. Well that may be because I bought* it so late and I had experience fromplaying PS2 trough quite many times. But PS1 feels hard in the beginning every time I play it. But after you can get some gear leveling is quite easy. But not too easy.

(* Actually I happened to found it from video rental store. And it was for sale because "no-one plays that old game anymore anyways". I was kinda shocked and I act like I wasn't intrested of it. "I could buy it". "Sold!" - It cost about five euros for me. :D The best purchase I've ever done!)
I am NaN!
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst

PreviousNext

Return to Phantasy Star