Gettin' my Saturn PS Collection...

Discuss anything related to the Phantasy Star series

Postby OnnaWren » Sun Jul 18, 2004 12:56 am

NM in box, $54.99 USD... and all I had to trade for it was a loose copy of Dragon Warrior IV for the NES... XD<p>Should be coming in the mail any day now... *counts the minutes*
OnnaWren

Postby Prince Noah » Sun Jul 18, 2004 4:10 am

Heh, hope you have fun with it. :)
Prince Noah

Postby ill-intent » Sun Jul 18, 2004 4:25 am

The commercial archive is fun! The gallery stuff is okay (all over the net already). But, maybe you can help with this...... is it me or is the drum sounds (bass?) really cranked in PS2?????
ill-intent

Postby The Exile » Sun Jul 18, 2004 9:18 am

i like ps4 best out of the saturn collection. ps1 swindled me, i was trying to work out which weapon to buy and one of the sword names looked different in japanese, but it was the same sword. so i bought it twice.
The Exile

Postby Naflign » Mon Jul 19, 2004 1:12 am

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by ill-intent</i><p> The commercial archive is fun! The gallery stuff is okay (all over the net already). But, maybe you can help with this...... is it me or is the drum sounds (bass?) really cranked in PS2?????<br></blockquote><p>What's really weird is that the actual phantasy star 2 rom contained on the PSC cd has the same odd beat added to it as is found in the game. It's so strange because it 'looks' at least like the sound isn't emulated in the PSC, it's coming from actual saturn sound files. Weird.<br>
Naflign

Postby Lord Khyron » Mon Jul 19, 2004 3:00 am

A old Dragon Warrior IV copy is worth 54.99?<p>Damn! I better sell mine O.o<p>LMAO
Lord Khyron

Postby zoothe » Mon Jul 19, 2004 4:06 am

The Collection is a cool collectible. It comes with all the inserts that came originally. One thing that bothered me is that it appears that the Japanese manuals were in color and in the States we got crappy B&W!!! Sega of America was stupid!
zoothe

Postby OnnaWren » Mon Jul 19, 2004 7:42 pm

Actually, Khyron, the price of a loose copy of DWIV. according to my roomate, can reach about $100 or so... O_O;
OnnaWren

Postby SheWren » Mon Jul 19, 2004 8:38 pm

I've won a MINT copy of PSC on ebay :D
SheWren

Postby Lord Khyron » Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:39 pm

Well Damn.. time to sell it
Lord Khyron

Postby Mizehrith » Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:18 am

'Grats, SheWren!<p><blockquote>the price of a loose copy of DWIV. according to my roomate, can reach about $100 or so... O_O;</blockquote> <br>Really? Holy heck! What about an old copy of the first DW?
Mizehrith

Postby OnnaWren » Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:16 pm

Nah. DWI was so common, it was even given away as a promo for subscribing to Nintendo Power back in the day...<p>II, III, and IV were sorely underprinted, though, as RPGs didn't really start to pierce the mainstream until well into the 16-bit era... -_-
OnnaWren

Postby LaconianShot » Tue Jul 20, 2004 4:53 pm

Congrats! I hope you enjoy it...furthermore, I hope that it doesn't get damaged along the way, because it certainly happens.
LaconianShot

Postby OnnaWren » Thu Jul 22, 2004 7:23 pm

Once it arrives, I'll be sure to let everyone know. ;)
OnnaWren

Postby Mizehrith » Thu Jul 22, 2004 11:25 pm

Yeah, congrats! (Forgot to say that in my first reply... sorry. (@))<p><blockquote><i>Originally posted by OnnaWren</i><p>Nah. DWI was so common, it was even given away as a promo for subscribing to Nintendo Power back in the day...<p>II, III, and IV were sorely underprinted, though, as RPGs didn't really start to pierce the mainstream until well into the 16-bit era... -_-<br></blockquote><br>Ohh, okay.
Mizehrith

Next

Return to Phantasy Star