New Old school phantasy star?

Discuss anything related to the Phantasy Star series

Postby Ein Tyrion » Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:03 am

I was wondering...How great would it be if a new load of Phantasy stars came out for the game boy advance? Only reason i say that is because it's appreciated most on that because i feel the controls and pad (or the GBA itself are similar) But not something like PSO i want an old rpg style one around the PS 3 & 4 generations...Get back to me on this
Ein Tyrion

Postby OnnaWren » Sat Jul 17, 2004 10:06 pm

Not gonna happen. Team PS is long disbanded, and Sonic Team doesn't do old-school PS.<p>If Overworks would just do it- either that, or give us Skies II... ;)<br>
OnnaWren

Postby The Exile » Sun Jul 18, 2004 9:24 am

if they did that i would forgive them all their false sequels. especially if it had a cat in it ^^ chrono trigger has a purple cat why do we just get boring yellow ones?
The Exile

Postby Ryucross » Sun Jul 18, 2004 5:20 pm

Rappies are yellow too. We need diversity!
Ryucross

Postby zoothe » Mon Jul 19, 2004 4:09 am

<blockquote>I was wondering...How great would it be if a new load of Phantasy stars came out for the game boy advance? Only reason i say that is because it's appreciated most on that because i feel the controls and pad (or the GBA itself are similar) But not something like PSO i want an old rpg style one around the PS 3 & 4 generations...Get back to me on this</blockquote> <p>I want this as well (though I would throw PS1 & 2 in there as well... not just the last two). It doesn't have to play exactly like the old Genesis/Mega Drive games, but the basic formula should remain intact. It's not like no one makes those games anymore. I mean, Skies of Arcadia and Tales of Symphonia are great examples of a modernized version of the old school RPG formula.
zoothe

Postby Ein Tyrion » Mon Jul 19, 2004 4:03 pm

see someone undersatnds me
Ein Tyrion

Postby LaconianShot » Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:22 pm

I would love that. I wonder, would Sega have an audience, besides us?
LaconianShot

Postby Siren » Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:44 pm

The GBA would be the perfect system to introduce old school new Phantasy Star games. Sadly, Sega seems very uninterested in something like that and it shows through their low-budget remakes.
Siren

Postby Benoit » Mon Jul 26, 2004 4:02 pm

<blockquote>if they did that i would forgive them all their false sequels.</blockquote><br>All hail the contradiction and forcing of conservative opinions!<br>Just because you don't like PSO doesn't make it a false sequel. It's just a new series.<br>As for the contradiction, you said yourself that you only want a prequel or sequel to the original franchise, while new, old-school Phantasy Star games aren't necessarily that.
Benoit

Postby The Exile » Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:02 pm

<blockquote>All hail the contradiction and forcing of conservative opinions! </blockquote> <p>in what way am i forcing my opinions? <p> <blockquote>It's just a new series. </blockquote> <p>weve been throught this before. if its a new series its not a phantasy star, because phantasy star is the name of the series.<p> <blockquote>As for the contradiction, you said yourself that you only want a prequel or sequel to the original franchise, while new, old-school Phantasy Star games aren't necessarily that.</blockquote> <p>thats not contradiction thats just not making myself clear enough, or assuming things that perhaps are not true. <p>it would be a stupid thng to do, not to make them follow on from old, old-skool phantasy star games. what would be the point? retro lovers are gonna like the OLD games. if youre gonna make a game completely irrelevant to PS, might as well go the whole hog and give it new graphiocs.<p>if sega happene dto do something so stupid i wouldn't forgive them.<p>[size=small][Edit by The Exile on [TIME]1090879694[/TIME]][/size]
The Exile

Postby Demon Child » Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:17 pm

:@ Can you two avoid fighting for one single thread?! Everywhere the two of you show up you are fighting about how PSO is or isnt a Phantasy Star.<p>Benoit, the Exile chooses to belive that PSO should not have been called Phantasy Star. Let her belive that, dont argue it's <b>never</b> going to solve anything.<p>the Exile, Benoit belives there is nothing wrong with PSO being a Phantasy Star. Let him belive it but stop with the fighting, it will never get your goals accomplished.<p> %) There is absolutly no need for this mindless banter between you, all it is doing is making you two look like a couple of moronic children who need to have some sence brutally beaten into their heads. Now please knock it off before more nice people who join the boards deside to leave.
Demon Child

Postby Benoit » Tue Jul 27, 2004 1:11 am

<blockquote>in what way am i forcing my opinions?</blockquote><br>Passing off as fact that PSO is a false sequel in your posts.<br> <blockquote>weve been throught this before. if its a new series its not a phantasy star, because phantasy star is the name of the series.</blockquote><br>Nope, Phantasy Star is the name of a franchise, not a series.<br> <blockquote>it would be a stupid thng to do, not to make them follow on from old, old-skool phantasy star games. what would be the point? retro lovers are gonna like the OLD games. if youre gonna make a game completely irrelevant to PS, might as well go the whole hog and give it new graphiocs.</blockquote><br>It would give an actual new world to explore, and would escape all the horrible things they could do to the present storyline.<br> <blockquote>Can you two avoid fighting for one single thread?! Everywhere the two of you show up you are fighting about how PSO is or isnt a Phantasy Star.</blockquote><br>If you paid attention, it wasn't me who always dismissed PSO as crap every time. The Exile just asks for it.<br> <blockquote>There is absolutly no need for this mindless banter between you, all it is doing is making you two look like a couple of moronic children who need to have some sence brutally beaten into their heads.</blockquote><br>I doubt that, since there are people agreeing with me.
Benoit

Postby zoothe » Tue Jul 27, 2004 3:31 am

Even though it is a sad reality, I think it's safe to say that we'll never see a new PS game that is true to the old games. It's safe to say that PSO has become to today's gamers the definition of Phantasy Star. It's safe to say that PSU will not be what the old Phans are hoping for.<p>I guess the best we can do is hope for good fan-made games and continue getting enjoyment out of the original games.<br><p>[size=small][Edit by zoothe on [TIME]1090899077[/TIME]][/size]
zoothe

Postby Demon Child » Tue Jul 27, 2004 6:34 am

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Benoit</i><br>I doubt that, since there are people agreeing with me.<br></blockquote><br>Just because people agree with you doesnt mean it's right. You're never going to solve anything by arguing online, and that would make it mindless. So just knock it off, you're pissing a few people off with your constant 'need' to fight. <br><p>[size=small][Edit by Demon Child on [TIME]1090910146[/TIME]][/size]
Demon Child

Postby Benoit » Tue Jul 27, 2004 10:49 am

You're mistaken. I don't have this so-called need to fight. I'm defending the games from closed-minded individuals.<br> <blockquote>It's safe to say that PSU will not be what the old Phans are hoping for.</blockquote><br>Just wait and see. I don't think it'll be that bad.
Benoit

Next

Return to Phantasy Star