Some of you may enjoy this.

Discuss anything related to the Phantasy Star series

Postby Neo48 » Sat May 15, 2004 1:31 am

I guess I thought I might try this. I understand that a lot of people are against the idea of a MMORPG for the PSU. SO here is a game possibility I thought you might like. These are some single player capabilities:<p>1. The starting character is of your own creation. You chose his class, looks, name, etc.<p>2. You start alone.<p>3. The story unfolds as you move farther into the game.<p>4. As you move on throughout the world you meet other warriors that have gone through hard times. You can choose whether or not to let these people join. And they usually include a sidequest. These characters are in no way customizable by you, except for the items they get.<p>5. Set number of enemies. Once its dead its dead. It won't come back the next time you play after you leave. Same goes with bosses.<p>6. You can have a large ammount of party members, but you don't need any party members if you don't want any.<p>7. There are city's/towns/posts along the way of your adventure.<p>8. You can make several different battle formations with your party members.<p>9. Camera views are Directed by you. You can freely move the camera while you are moving.<p>Now for Multi:<p>1. The only usuable character is the one you created in single player.<p>2. The objective is to create a party between others.<p>3. All city's/towns/posts of the game are playable if a certain level has been reached, otherwise you must venture from another location to get there. <p>4. Chatting is present. <p>These are just some things that I would enjoy in a game. Some of you may notice that this is a lot like Dungeon Siege. Though I do like the game, I do not like the battle effects. But this isn't the place to talk about that.<p>Tell me if you would enjoy a MMORPG such as this one.<br>
Neo48

Postby LaconianShot » Sat May 15, 2004 1:47 am

Oh yes, that sounds good. Of course, it should have some other elements too. As long as it has heavy focus on story, not just getting the best items like a lot of MMORPGs out there. And it should have offline play, too.<br>But if you have to level up your fishing, carpentry, cooking, etc. I would scream. Along with real time combat, it would be just like Everquest. And besides, it wouldn't feel like Phantasy Star if you had to become a carpenter or fishermen.
LaconianShot

Postby Mizehrith » Sat May 15, 2004 1:48 am

I would! Good ideas; I hope the actual thing turns out like this--and if not, then something similar, at least. #)
Mizehrith

Postby Cherok » Sat May 15, 2004 4:45 am

How about a system which groups players with other players with similar attributes, stats and situations. For example, new gamers would not have the option to play with more experienced ones and vice-versa. This way the story would not be ruined, your team would not have unfair advantages or disadvantages etc. Plus, the game would follow a set number of characters per party, it would work according to the storyline. <p>Just a thought.
Cherok

Postby SheWren » Sat May 15, 2004 11:38 am

Cherok, you described FFXI. That level limitations are the most hated aspect of that game. If you join the game too late, you cannot play with your friends at higher levels. Morover, you're force to always play: loosing a quest means loosing experience: thus you stay behind you're usual team mates.<br>That's why many people get mad about MMORPG and lost their social life...
SheWren

Postby Neo48 » Sat May 15, 2004 1:41 pm

Unless they include a teleportation devise throughout the city's. Dungeon Seige had the Ultraen Basalisc. A friend could come pick you up and take you to a place that you may not be a high enough level to go to. (Multiplayer only)
Neo48

Postby Cherok » Sun May 16, 2004 9:09 pm

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by SheWren</i><p>Cherok, you described FFXI. That level limitations are the most hated aspect of that game. If you join the game too late, you cannot play with your friends at higher levels. Morover, you're force to always play: loosing a quest means loosing experience: thus you stay behind you're usual team mates.<br>That's why many people get mad about MMORPG and lost their social life...<br></blockquote><p>heh, after writing that post I thought to myself about what I wrote. Yeah, its jarble :>
Cherok

Return to Phantasy Star