What else to add on PS games?

Discuss anything related to the Phantasy Star series

Postby Wosu » Sat May 01, 2004 3:25 pm

I am not saying that PS serie is incomplete but that after 15 years playing these games I kind of wish there where some more possibilities.<p>For example I would love it if there were some more jobs at the hunter guild in PSIV, I'd love to know more about Zio's back ground, to see some pictures and the story of neifirst (excuse me if I am mistaking but she did rule biomonsters didn't she. If that's the case I'd also love to see her begining to rule, starting from scratch, fighting to show her superiority) <p>I post this topic because of the anounce today saying "PS remakes will be released on 1Q 2005" and I was wondering "What if they add some more possibilities?"<p>Please don't misunderstand me, I am <b>not</b> saying that the game isn't good anymore and should be changed, I am just saying that if there were some more to discover and to see I'd enjoy it very much.<p>After 10 years I am so longing for another episode, even if tour team hadn't to save algo, even if it was an episode where we don't see Dark force... Just to see Phantasy star World would be great
Wosu

Postby Monocromatico » Sat May 01, 2004 4:04 pm

By "add", I understand that you meant "transform". All the elements for the best RPGs are there already, but some are insipient, either because of technical limitations, or low budget/time to finish the game. Now they are remaking games for a way superior console, so things like music, graphics, etc are being improved.<p>Of course, we need more background to the main characters, and that can be added. Taking the PS1 remake as reference, we can see that, at least, the dialogues, and cinematic scenes have, well, more text than usual. Wee only need to know if this added text is not full of silly jokes that would destroy the original character´s personality and purpose.<p>Game play shouldn´t be altered. They made PS1 an extremely linear game where you must do this or that in a certain order to unlock the next dungeon, taking away the freedom to go to any town or any dungeon, except for the Air Castle, at any time.
Monocromatico

Postby Benoit » Sat May 01, 2004 4:45 pm

As it has been discussed at the PSDB the past days, PSIII needs some added dialogue and some touches. As of right now, at first glance, you don't see much. But on the other hand, it does make you think and come up with own personal explanations/interpretations, which is something an RPG is about: role-playing your character and interpret the world.<br>But still, some added stuff would help PSIII, as long as it doesn't destroy this.
Benoit

Postby Wosu » Sat May 01, 2004 10:27 pm

I agree with you monocromatico, I wouldn't change anything for the battle system but I wouldn't be against mini games, mini quest time you don't have to fight, you know like in other RPG or other: Zelda or Final fantasy (specialy the VII with the snow board)<br>a fun mini game would be for example Shir "stealing time" a time where you control shir and have to take an object when the other don't look your way.<p>I wouldn't change anything on PS, but I would love to add some more playable events (maybe during those events I would change the game play but after the mini-game the game would go back to its usual way to play)<p>Shir "stealing time" might not be the best example but I would enjoy playing it
Wosu

Postby Cherok » Wed May 05, 2004 11:28 pm

A userfriendly and up to date battle system. One which characters appeared to behave in realtime, but were actually controlled by some kind of turn based system. Something gritty and and fast paced, bloody and charming... Kind of like Kill Bill Volume one<p> Phantasy star, albeit being a series bright and friendly in appearance, deals with some pretty mature themes. <br>I would love to see things remain cheery, but with the dark (force?) untertones and characters who behave realistically within their given situations.<p>And I want to be able to move diagonally.. Man, grid walking is tedious.<p>Many of these expectations are unrealistic for a budget title.. <p>Could 3D ages have been given a budget for all of the titles in one lump sum?<br>If that was the case, and they did'nt have seperate budgets for each title, PS1 could look and play the way it does because they were surplusing for larger more financially requiring projects.. It's anyones guess
Cherok

Return to Phantasy Star