Something else about Naflign's PS 2 retranslation..

Discuss anything related to the Phantasy Star series

Postby Lord Khyron » Sat Apr 24, 2004 11:38 pm

At the end it says.. This give food for thought. It's a actual screencap with the necessary dialogue cut out to show. And because photobucket has file size limits.. I can see why the compendium says "The Earthmen were slaughtered by the anti-mother brain fraction but what happened to them is unknown." <p>Rolf and co killed the Earthmen, But against THOUSANDS they prolly died.<p>I chose Rolf for my name ^^ I love the name.<p>Image<br><p>[size=small][Edit by Lord Khyron on [TIME]1082849917[/TIME]][/size]
Lord Khyron

Postby Prince Noah » Sun Apr 25, 2004 1:50 am

Whoa!! That's alota earthmen.... ~0
Prince Noah

Postby Monocromatico » Sun Apr 25, 2004 1:51 am

Megid.
Monocromatico

Postby Prince Noah » Sun Apr 25, 2004 1:57 am

And kill the GOOD guys too? :p
Prince Noah

Postby Lord Khyron » Sun Apr 25, 2004 2:34 am

That armor also looks like ZIo's armor.. <p>Intriguing possibility..<p>Zio is a surviving Earthman! LOL<p>Woke up at the same time Seed made Biomonsters.. <p>Nice idea :D<br>
Lord Khyron

Postby PhanGarrett » Sun Apr 25, 2004 2:55 am

Thinking about it... The English version says "hundreds", doesn't it?
PhanGarrett

Postby LaconianShot » Sun Apr 25, 2004 2:58 am

True. Unlike popular belief, I believe that Rolf and his party all died aboard Noah. It doesn't fit that they wouldn't have to make sacrifice to save Algo...besides, it's much more epic if they die.
LaconianShot

Postby Siren » Sun Apr 25, 2004 4:07 am

Yes. My very first interpratation of the ending was that Rolf, in all his anger, used the Megid technique to destroy the Earthmen, while the use of the technique itself consumed him and his party in the effort. <p>I still believe this. Rolf and his party made the ultimate sacrifice to save Algo.<br><p>[size=small][Edit by Siren on [TIME]1082866095[/TIME]][/size]
Siren

Postby Benoit » Sun Apr 25, 2004 9:59 am

Rolf killed them. No doubt.<br>As for if they came back alive or not, I have no idea, but consider that the Air Prism did return to Lutz so he could store it on Motavia.
Benoit

Postby Wosu » Sun Apr 25, 2004 10:10 am

I have always felt that there was no other way but to die; I've always thought that Rolf's team and rolf himself died in the battle against earthmen. I also think they might have killed all earthmen (maybe in doing a lot of damage during the battle and so destroying a part of the space ship: something like make a hole in the spaceship making the air vanish and sucking out a lot of corpses.) <p>Something like that... Am I wrong when I think about it this way?
Wosu

Postby ill-intent » Sun Apr 25, 2004 5:10 pm

I, too, agree that the aeroprism and sword had to make it back to ground level somehow. Most likely, Rolf Megids the whole ship and the everybody dies in the dazzling crash.....<br> !@#$
ill-intent

Postby PhanGarrett » Sun Apr 25, 2004 7:29 pm

I personally prefer to leave their fate in a state of mystery...<p>One way or the other, they odds are they didn't survive the aftermath of the battle, even though they obviously got rid of the Earthmen, and they evidently got rid of the starship, as well. Simply enough, the circumstances of their deaths are inexplicable-- had they, themselves, returned to Lutz, certainly Lutz would have healed their bodies and brought them back to life, but even the Esper order doesn't seem to have any evidence of this happening.<p>Another alternative is that the ship crashed on Dezolis or Motavia, and the espers retrieved the items from the wreckage, but then, there's no evidence seen to indicate that Noah crashed at all.<p>Then we can suppose that Lutz teleported himself to Noah to retrieve the items after the battle was over, but then again, we come to wonder why he wouldn't have healed or resurrected Rolf and company, and brought them back as well? Maybe he did? Maybe he didn't have the power?<p>Maybe something happened that I'm not thinking of.<p>Still, it remains a mystery, and that's what makes the ending such a classic.
PhanGarrett

Postby Lord Khyron » Sun Apr 25, 2004 10:43 pm

I find a parallel here..<p>According to the compendium, the Biomonsters and NEi-First were part of the REBIRTH of the PD at the hands of the Earthmen.<p>Come PS IV, Biomonsters as a result of the same surge of power as in PS 2 and Zio is involved..<p>Could Zio have been the Nei-First of PS IV? and If so, Was he created or a surviving Earthman?<p>Zio has a bigger secret that I want revealed.<p><p>[size=small][Edit by Lord Khyron on [TIME]1082933062[/TIME]][/size]
Lord Khyron

Postby Benoit » Mon Apr 26, 2004 4:08 pm

Neifirst and the bio-monsters being associated with the Profound Darkness' rebirth is such a laaarge stretch. Even if it is in the compendium. Doesn't make any sense.
Benoit

Postby Lord Khyron » Mon Apr 26, 2004 4:25 pm

Yes it does.. If you realize the Earthmen made the conjunction happen.. The conjunction had severe consequences on Palma to begin with...<br>
Lord Khyron

Next

Return to Phantasy Star