[20 Nov 2007]-- 20th anniversary of Phantasy Star

The latest news in the Phantasy Star community

Postby skymandr » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:06 pm

Yeah, some really neat art there. I think the winner was worthy (Naula Cake!). I liked the snapshot from a class at Ustvestia's Musik Academy as well... ;)

Have you seen that you can order an A2 print of the background image? Or a commemorative shopping-bag if you prefer. I bet the goods are not available overseas though...
skymandr
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Del_Ian » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:46 pm

I was actually fairly disappointed with the winning pieces and didn't think they were that great as a whole. Decent art, but most of it wasn't that inspiring, technically fabulous, and it was pretty much all cel-shaded. Better than my entry, but still not that awesome. Adding to the annoyance was the fact that originally they didn't show any of the non-winning entries that they usually do. Apparently this annoyed other people too because a week or so after the results went up they updated it to have non-winning alternates. (Which, as I predicted, does indeed include the best works. Apparently they went on description too and just didn't tell anybody beforehand.)

Oh, yeah, since someone will invariably end up asking which one was mine:

http://www.iankunx.net/ps20th.jpg

(Mirei got cut off a lot, actually: http://www.iankunx.net/mirei2.jpg Lutz and Elly not so much because by the time I got to them I knew what I was going to end up doing. All three were quick Painter Classic pieces done on my tablet, with some last minute collaging. Believe it or not, I toned that starfield down quite a bit. That is one freaking bright starfield.)

I'm surprised that more people drew freaking Dohgi Mikuna than drew Calus. :disapprove: Only one person drew him, along with Elly. Elly made it into three pieces, mine and two others. (I'm a Calus & Elly fan. >.> )
Rawr.
Del_Ian
Locusta
Locusta

Re: [20 Nov 2007]-- 20th anniversary of Phantasy Star

Postby myau56 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:33 pm

I LOVE so much the background ! Truly Fantastic one !
myau56
Locusta
Locusta

Previous

Return to Phantasy Star News