I am now playing!

Discussions about Phantasy Star Universe

I am now playing!

Postby Nate556 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:57 am

Allright! I decided to make a new thread, since my "I just got it" ended up being about me getting a bad copy.
This one is about me actually having the game and playing it now!
I gotta say, I like it a lot. So far, I can only play in offline mode. Once I get a HArd Drive for my 360, I'll be playing it online though.
I like the story so far, particularly the arrogance of the CASTs. I just beat Chapter 2, and as soon as I finish this post, I am going to go play chapter 3.
I like the characters, Ethan is allright. I liked how he was about to be ripped off twice and that numan chick saved him. She was like, "Gosh! that was twice, you shouldn't be so gullible". I like her a lot :oops: Lets just say, she could instruct me :oops: :oops: :oops:
I like the controls, but I do have a few whiny complaints. I have to run out of the fight to use a Monomate. I guess that was done on purpose though, since you can't exactly drink a potion with monsters hitting you, can you ? One thing I hate, is that you can't seem to use monomates on your allies. So once they get injured, they either need to heal themselves which they didn't do multiple times for me... or you need to kill the monster ASAP.
Also, no pause button. I cast the vote on that pull to make a tie :lol:
So far, I don;t have any real complaints. I love the graphics, I like the characters and their voices(except the Vol brothers), I like the weapons and everything else.
I really look foreward to the time when I can play it online with other people. Hopefully, some of you here :D
Nat.
Nate556
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby thriwren » Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:03 pm

The Animyzers(?) Will heal/cure/revive the party. Also If you get Reseta that should take care of the party healing. Myself, I hate being relied on/expected to heal/buff a party. I dont expect or try to rely on others to do do the same, unless if they are willing. *One a different not i was using a mate on myself, online, and they thanked me since they thought they got heal also.*
Thriwren - Lvl 140 - Fortegunner lvl 20
thriwren
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby Neo48 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:13 pm

You don't have to run out of a battle to use a mate. You can quick-map up to six items to a shortcut menu. Mates, atomizers, goggles...

I wouldn't say to worry about your party too much, they come back to life themselves and you will be doing 90% of the damage all the time anyway.
PSO (GC) - NEO: HUcast LV 176
PSOBB Schthack (PC) - Redrian: HUcast LV 25
PSU (PC) - Neo: Male Cast Acrofighter LV 161 R.I.P.
PS0 (DS) - Neon: HUcaseal LV 82
Neo48
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby BenoitRen » Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:34 pm

The AI of your teammates is hit or miss. They rarely heal, and don't attack all the time, but when they do attack, they dish out good damage.

I wish Antimates were available offline. I have to buy Sol Atomizers instead, which are more expensive and have a max. amount of 10.
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

Postby Nate556 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:07 pm

Yeah, I figured out the healing problem. I didn't know I could use wands and techniques as a Hunter. I put a gun with a wand so I can still attack and recover the PP on the wand. But, that took care of my healing problems.

I just beat the chapter where we rescued the Divine Maiden and some really interesting stuff happened.
All I can really say at this point: I. Love. This. Game.
Nate556
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby BenoitRen » Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:31 pm

Yeah, Hunters can use wands offline. They can't online. That's why I like the advanced class Wartecher; they're pretty much a cross of Hunter and Force.
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

Re: I am now playing!

Postby Semix » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:14 pm

Nate556 wrote:Allright! I decided to make a new thread, since my "I just got it" ended up being about me getting a bad copy.
This one is about me actually having the game and playing it now!
I gotta say, I like it a lot. So far, I can only play in offline mode. Once I get a HArd Drive for my 360, I'll be playing it online though.
I like the story so far, particularly the arrogance of the CASTs. I just beat Chapter 2, and as soon as I finish this post, I am going to go play chapter 3.
I like the characters, Ethan is allright. I liked how he was about to be ripped off twice and that numan chick saved him. She was like, "Gosh! that was twice, you shouldn't be so gullible". I like her a lot :oops: Lets just say, she could instruct me :oops: :oops: :oops:
I like the controls, but I do have a few whiny complaints. I have to run out of the fight to use a Monomate. I guess that was done on purpose though, since you can't exactly drink a potion with monsters hitting you, can you ? One thing I hate, is that you can't seem to use monomates on your allies. So once they get injured, they either need to heal themselves which they didn't do multiple times for me... or you need to kill the monster ASAP.
Also, no pause button. I cast the vote on that pull to make a tie :lol:
So far, I don;t have any real complaints. I love the graphics, I like the characters and their voices(except the Vol brothers), I like the weapons and everything else.
I really look foreward to the time when I can play it online with other people. Hopefully, some of you here :D
Nat.

You saw my post on the pause button?
Semix
King Rappy
King Rappy

Return to Phantasy Star Universe