Phantasy Star Generation 2: English Translation V2

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Re: Phantasy Star Generation 2: English Translation V2

Postby Blaw- » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:22 pm

It's okay for the fixed .py file, I finally managed to get one drop ^^ (I accelerated the game in the emulator by using the F4 hotkey).

You're right, the level of the characters doesn't impact the drop rate as I, this time, got one with level 99 characters.

Does someone here have a save near end of the game? (directly a .ps2 memory card file to share).

I would like to check and try to reproduce the crash bug with Keinz.
Attachments
psgen2-item-drop-fixed.png
psgen2-item-drop-fixed.png (203.16 KiB) Viewed 15883 times
Blaw-
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby SandyLandale » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:10 pm

Blaw- wrote:@ SandyLandale : He asked me if I wanted the last version for PSGEN1, I said yes, so I guess I'll have it soon.

That's absolutely great to hear! Then I can begin batching PSGEN1 and hopefully, no problems will arise.

Edit - Whoops, forgot about this. I have saves for PSGEN2. http://www.mediafire.com/file/wovfco5qa ... s.zip/file Save 1 is at the end of the game on Noah. Save 2 is endgame on Paseo. Save 3, 4, and 5 are all just tests for my Nei resurrection playthrough.
Also known as vivify93.
SandyLandale
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Blaw- » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:54 pm

Thanks for the save files.
Blaw-
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Blaw- » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:01 pm

So, "Forza" technique from Keinz doesn't crash PCSX2, but I guess it might crash the real PS2.

As it can be seen on the screen capture, the word "Coût" (Cost) doesn't appear and it might be the problem. I suppose it's because the technique description fits on three line, I'll try to shorten the description and see if it fix the problem.
Attachments
psgen2-Forza.png
psgen2-Forza.png (937.83 KiB) Viewed 15880 times
Blaw-
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Goldenboy » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:11 pm

@Blaw-

Tested the NEW "patchPSGEN2.py" from 19:00 to 21:00 creating a NEW ISO. Here the Results:

Image Image Image

SO WE SHOULD SAY THAT (at least for emulator BUG is resolved).

Now let's answer your question:

1) Yeah English have icon BUT i rebuild mine from FRENCH VERSION. As said in OP, I managed to extract all ENGLISH files with CUE's Tool NOT Algoring which failed with strange BUG, so i take the extracted/dumped items/script and rearranged into
"FRENCH"ALGORING to "RE-CREATE" English version.

I've uploaded for you my FONT directory + "bf-encoding.txt" + "bf-width.txt" so you should only replace in yours, it was edited like explained to SandyLandale in previous post.

2) Sorry but i can't find LEVEL35 TECH for KEINZ...also the name isn't present in the game....perhaps you mean Forsa but it's a LV2 TECH..please explain better..now that I have the opportunity i would like to test it...

3) Problem is for KEINZ TECH & ZAN TECH (wind) if you watch carefully in original "011.txt" you'll note that some GADGE technique description have multiple pointer for the same description, this means that different technique has the same description (the error comes from this). I have inserted my 011.txt into the RAR so you can easily understand what i mean comparing yours with mine ...I simply splitted the pointer and give them a new description...fitting what they do ingame

4) For Rudger name i can't share my file simply because english and french are completely different and you can't utilize it. For resizing RUDGER you have to open 005.png of directory MAPDATA.DAT into phostoshop and slightly transform it. After you have modified PNG delete the corresponding 005.bitmap that's because if algoring finds it in the compilation it will use the OLD and NOT RE-CREATE the new. It works like this: If algoring finds the PNG and not BITMAP it recreates the BITMAP based on PNG and VICEVERSA. I suggest to work on PNG because BITMAP is much more difficult. ALSO PAY ATTENTION to FINAL FORM of PNG..IT MUST BE 24bit!!! and not 32!!

5)Nothing here for you..the original english version had weapon and element inverted

6)Yeah, and its the EXACT CONTRARY...MY TABLE IS TOO SMALL!!! I had to add all items and equipment..

Here is the RAR: FONTS+011txt.rar
Last edited by Goldenboy on Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goldenboy
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Blaw- » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:14 pm

Yeah it was "Forza" but I just tested it with the save files and it's okay, I fixed it.

In the PCSX2 console window, there were some errors so I guess it was what could make the crash occurs on real hardware.

Now that the text is displayed correctly, those errors doesn't appear anymore.

I don't think the three lines were the problem because some others descriptions use three lines and works fine (but use less characters, so it was probably a characters limit problem).

I also found some overlapping graphics but can't really do something about that except to shorten a lot them so I'll leave them like that.
Attachments
psgen2-Forza-2.png
psgen2-Forza-2.png (589.74 KiB) Viewed 15880 times
psgen2-NasagaGadge.png
psgen2-NasagaGadge.png (391.76 KiB) Viewed 15880 times
psgen2-Forza-fixed.png
psgen2-Forza-fixed.png (709.36 KiB) Viewed 15880 times
Blaw-
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Blaw- » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:20 pm

Can you make a screen capture for that Rudger thing? Because I think the french version doesn't have the problem (his name in graphic is pretty small in the french version).

Because in the menus, even with two digits for the level, it's still okay in the french version.

For the item dissapearing bug, yeah I don't think to have encountered it on the french version, and the french MTE is pretty big from what I remember.

Edit : I replaced the "bf-width.txt", "bf-encoding.txt" and the "extras" folder but the techniques icons doesn't appear, weird...
Blaw-
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Goldenboy » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:39 pm

Ok...now i understand

For the overlapping thing... there's a solution and more elegant way...I suggest you to translate the english PNG (001.png in BTL.DAT directory) into frech and replace the tile....the english one with icon shorten the text and avoid overlapping....

i've uploaded also the tile file..if you are precise enough into photoshopping 001.png you only have to replace my values into yours without changing anything else

overlapping problem french.rar
Last edited by Goldenboy on Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Goldenboy
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Blaw- » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:41 pm

Okay, I'll look at it (though it's not a big problem, it's still readable).

About the icons techniques, isn't there a .txt file to change to load the icons? I suppose it should be the problem, if it works like the MTE?
Blaw-
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Goldenboy » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:44 pm

For Icon you have to call them into script of SLPM.txt...Open 009.txt and for example edit like this:

// address = 1a3f08, size = 16, pointers = [1a28d8], c_style
[feuer]Feuer
Goldenboy
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Blaw- » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:48 pm

Yeah, I just found it, like that :

[gun]Pistolet sonique
// address = 18d408, size = 16, pointers = [18b4d0], c_style
[shot]Fusil Nei
// address = 18d418, size = 24, pointers = [18b4b0], c_style
[shot]Fusil au napalm
// address = 18d430, size = 24, pointers = [18b490], c_style
[shot]Fusil laser
// address = 18d448, size = 16, pointers = [18b470], c_style
[shot]Fusil à acide
// address = 18d458, size = 24, pointers = [18b450], c_style
[shot]Fusil à poison
// address = 18d470, size = 24, pointers = [18b430], c_style
[shot]Fusil tranquillisant
// address = 18d488, size = 16, pointers = [18b410], c_style
[sword]Épée Nei

Okay, thanks. I'll probably just add the missing ones in my own "bf-encoding.txt" now that I understood how to do it.

After that, my french patch should be finished (still need to check those wrongs descriptions but it shouldn't take long).

About the item drop, if it works on emulator, it should also works on the real hardware. It's just that emulators are more permissive, they won't crash for such things when a real hardware will crash (when we first started the project, the translation crashed a lot of real hardware because it expected memory bytes to be aligned, something the emulator didn't care and so it was working fine on the emulator).
Blaw-
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Blaw- » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:51 pm

I don't edit my posts as you are connected to the forum so to avoid you missing some posts.

Can you share "0011.txt", "0015.txt", "0016.txt" from the english version?

Some of my items seems to not have any icons so I would like to see what the english version used.

Thanks a lot.
Blaw-
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Goldenboy » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:01 pm

Here for you:

SLPM_625.53.rar
Goldenboy
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Blaw- » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:20 pm

"0009.txt" too, if you can, and it'll be okay.

I noticed some of the techniques names are in that file.
Blaw-
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Goldenboy » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:23 pm

Goldenboy
Locusta
Locusta

PreviousNext

Return to Fan stuff