Phantasy Star Generation 2: English Translation

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

How should the main characters be named in Generation:2 ?

Poll ended at Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:51 am

Use the full Japanese names
38%
Use the English Sega Genesis names
55%
It doesn't matter
7%

Total votes : 73

Re: Phantasy Star Generation 2: English Translation

Postby SandyLandale » Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:01 am

This should say "Used", not "Use". The key was used before the text box was displayed.

Missing a space between "Score" and "can".

Up next for me is grinding for my remaining item creation equipment.
Last edited by SandyLandale on Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Also known as vivify93.
SandyLandale
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby lolwho » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:44 pm

Does this really work with Open PS2 Loader? Every OPL manager I use seems to think the image is corrupt and/or can't find the system.cnf file in the ISO. Trying to open it in various ISO viewers also seems to think it's not valid as well. Forcing one of the managers to rename it to the valid format just gives me a white screen when I try to load it in OPL.

I've even checked the CRC32 on the chance that my download might be corrupted but nope, it's C10FD10C like it should be.

I'm quite confused, as it seems like a few users in this thread and elsewhere have gotten it to work in OPL, but it's not working out for me. For OPL users, how did you get it to work?

OPL version is 0.8 for the record.
lolwho
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby SandyLandale » Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:53 am

I hope someone in the topic can help you, lolwho. Sorry I have nothing to add to that.

---

Another bug report to be made--Huey's skill Sulfur seems to have the opposite problem of Keinz's Explosive Touch.

While Explosive Touch only works on robotic enemies yet for some reason has the fire-elemental magic icon in front of its name, Sulfur works on any type of enemy. Try it out on some robots if you don't believe me. :P Despite this, it has the anti-biohazard magic icon in front of its name.

Sulfur appears to be non-elemental, so it's up to you to decide what icon you're going to put in front of it. I used what is apparently meant to be the thunder-elemental magic icon for the non-elemental Hell's Gate and Luster Banish in generation:1, if it helps.
Also known as vivify93.
SandyLandale
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Blaw- » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:25 pm

lolwho wrote:Does this really work with Open PS2 Loader? Every OPL manager I use seems to think the image is corrupt and/or can't find the system.cnf file in the ISO. Trying to open it in various ISO viewers also seems to think it's not valid as well. Forcing one of the managers to rename it to the valid format just gives me a white screen when I try to load it in OPL.

I've even checked the CRC32 on the chance that my download might be corrupted but nope, it's C10FD10C like it should be.

I'm quite confused, as it seems like a few users in this thread and elsewhere have gotten it to work in OPL, but it's not working out for me. For OPL users, how did you get it to work?

Would need more infos about your hardware. I never tried it with a hard drive personally, though it should be the same.

Personally, I played it on an USB Key with UlauncherELF/FreeMCBoot. I used a program to convert the iso, then put it on a USB Key. Then I used Ulauncher to boot OPL, then used OPL to boot the iso.

I would first try with another game. Like that, if it doesn't work, it mean you are doing something wrong. Best would be to look for a tutorial on google.
Blaw-
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby mziab » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:34 am

lolwho wrote:Does this really work with Open PS2 Loader? Every OPL manager I use seems to think the image is corrupt and/or can't find the system.cnf file in the ISO. Trying to open it in various ISO viewers also seems to think it's not valid as well. Forcing one of the managers to rename it to the valid format just gives me a white screen when I try to load it in OPL.

This is simply because the ISO here is in a different format than what OPL expects. You need to use something like CDMage and convert it to a regular mode1/2048 ISO. OPL does not support mode2/2352 bin+cue the pre-patched game is in. I had the same problem and fixed it as I mentioned above. Hope this helps.
mziab
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Postby Blaw- » Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:33 am

I shared an .iso version of the beta version, if someone want one, by the way (and my french version was working fine on it, so this version should be the same, as it was created with the same method).

But the beta was released as .bin/.cue files? Because the patchs (I'm the one who created them) were made from an .iso file.
Blaw-
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby mziab » Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:43 am

One minor correction: the filename was .iso, but it was in mode2/2352, with extra subchannel data. Thus it's essentially the same as a bin+cue image, without the cuesheet. Either way, I just needed to load it in CDMage and convert it mode1/2048. PS2, unlike PS1, doesn't really need that extra subchannel data. It's not used for copy-protection there. So it might make sense to distribute the ISO as the standard mode1/2048.
mziab
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Postby Blaw- » Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:33 pm

I see. I'll create a proper version once Tryphon will have finished the crash fix.

I have a lua script which recreate the ISO properly, even with the right LBAs (because the french version I created was working fine on OPL without any modifications so it should be okay).

This version (http://www.hiei-tf.fr/PSGEN2-BETA-USA.zip) should work fine on OPL without any modifications, but it doesn't have the crash fix yet.
Blaw-
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Seannor » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:23 pm

Hello guys! Is item creating working well in translated version?
I tried as described in http://www.pscave.com/psg2/itemcreation.txt but not succesful.
I assume Rudo = Rudger, and Kain = Kainz, but all they produce is antidots, and after some time - laser shield. But this items not in their charts.
Seannor
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby SandyLandale » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:22 am

The item creation guide on the site is horribly wrong. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3525 Follow these instead.
Also known as vivify93.
SandyLandale
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Seannor » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:14 am

Wow, thanks! But still unclear, why Rudger+Kainz+Huey made trifluid :shock: Maybe glitch, or i did something wrong.
Seannor
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby Blaw- » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:53 am

I'll be away for a while, my (too) young little and lovely (bull)dog passed away two days ago and I'm not motivated at all to do my usual things (Playing games, using a computer) for now, it just crushed my heart to saw a so young dog passing away (and also, so suddenly)...

Now that the english beta patch is released, I'm not really of any use anymore anyway so I don't think it'll change something, Tryphon and Kyence can handle everything for the final version release, and I'm sure Tryphon can also handle the update of the french version (but if you need some infos/help, you know where to find me, on our forum).

Later.
Blaw-
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby SandyLandale » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:04 am

Seannor wrote:Wow, thanks! But still unclear, why Rudger+Kainz+Huey made trifluid Maybe glitch, or i did something wrong.

I know that sometimes single characters can make items from their combinations. Huey and Anne make make medicines together, and so they can also do it on their own, but it takes them for-freaking-ever to actually finish it. When using a three-person team, you can sometimes find that items from other combinations will show up in their items, so if you've been keeping track of how many battles you have fought so far, just save before you go to Eusis' home to pick it up and reset until you get the item. :)
Also known as vivify93.
SandyLandale
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Novyal » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:05 pm

Wow, it's been a while since we last had updates.

Any news? Is there a new version of the game on the way? :)
My digital art website: http://digiartdigi.wix.com/artedigital
Novyal
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Postby xrick » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:39 pm

Yeah, I was wondering too about this dead silence around both translation projects...
Looking for supporters of SEGA finishing & localising PSTrilogy: http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?404512-Phantasy-Star-Generation-Trilogy-Misc-Stuff
xrick
Scorpius
Scorpius

PreviousNext

Return to Fan stuff