Im making a game can anyone help

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Postby Demon Child » Thu Mar 18, 2004 1:02 pm

:) Hi Ive been working on a fan game for the past couple of days. So far all Ive got is the story, a list of items and equipment, the characters, and a few songs. I was wondering if anyone could tell me of a site that has information on making games or a program that can do that. Also I need sounds for shopping, sword attacks, claw attacks, slicer attacks, attack techniques, healing techniques, enemy attacks, and shop music.If anyone could help with this I would be happy. Ill give more details on the game if I can get some actual work done on it.Thanks<br><p>[size=small][Edit by Demon Child on [TIME]1079615020[/TIME]][/size]
Demon Child

Postby Goldark » Thu Mar 18, 2004 8:10 pm

That's a wide array of questions! I try to answer with what I know:<p>- The only prog I know that's easy to learn and has A LOT of resources is RPGMaker, there are three versions that you can find, 95, 2000, 2003. The main differences are between 2000 and 2003, mainly in the battle engine, the formae has something that resembles PSI type, the latter has a FFish type of combat. Other than that 2003 has MP3 support built in, but I know that there is a patch to implement it into 2000. Unfortunatly I forgot where I got 2000 and 2003, but with a good google search you should find them, actually 2003 was transleted and you should be able to gei it.<br>About the resources, PS midis are found here or just look around, there are many. resources for RPGMaker are everywhere, with a lot of patience (and bandwidth) you should amass a large amont of them.<br>There are a LOT of tutorials for these makers, and it's actually easy to learns the scripts needed to make a good RPG, but it takes time, and constant application, and it will take time, MUCH time, much more than you could imagine; I don't say this t odiscourage you, but you have to take it into account.<p>I hope that my answer has been useful.<br><p>[size=small][Edit by Goldark on [TIME]1079640653[/TIME]][/size]
Goldark

Postby Pure Pandemonium » Sat Mar 20, 2004 11:18 pm

Goldark is right. Unless you have a good amount of programming experience, RPG Maker is probably your best bet for making your own game. It contains many things such as a battle system, attack and spell animations (as well as an easy way to make your own), and other stuff. Here's a nice article reviewing RPG Maker 2000.
Pure Pandemonium

Postby Demon Child » Sun Mar 21, 2004 6:49 am

:) Thanks for the advice. Im using the rpg maker and so far im about 1/10 of the way done with the game.I guess I should have mentioned that time was of no concern to me seeing as how im always home.Anyway thanks again for the advice.
Demon Child

Postby Demon Child » Tue Mar 23, 2004 9:34 am

Ok Ive run into my first few problems. If any of you have used the Rpg maker 2000 could you tell me how to get it so certain battles have different music.Also how do you get events to no longer occur after they are performed such as a boss or getting items from a chest. Thanks
Demon Child

Postby Butoden » Tue Mar 23, 2004 5:07 pm

New Event -> Change System BGM -> Battle -> Choose a MIDI from the List, then after the event or after an area with random encounters<br>New Event > Change System BGM -> Battle -> Back to standard Midi<p>YES, I have lots of RM2K experience, although I am still a 'newbie' with it. These days I use RM2K3, but very rarely... PSO Game is almost impossible to make :(
Butoden

Postby Demon Child » Mon Mar 29, 2004 6:53 am

Im sorry to say that due to problems with the Rpg Maker Im not going to be able to make the game. :( It is constantly refusing to play any sounds or music as well as occasionally freezing my computer. If I find a way to fix these problems I may get back to making it but Ive already tried everything I could think of to get it to work.
Demon Child

Postby Monocromatico » Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:05 pm

Don´t worry, this is where everyone else has failed.
Monocromatico

Postby Butoden » Fri Apr 02, 2004 12:03 pm

:@ RPGMaker 2000 is not such a heavy program to run, only the 'Test game' can mess up. Either your PC is extremly slow or you're running too much at the same time... Or you have a tweaked version or something !@#$
Butoden

Postby HuBBsDoctor » Fri Apr 09, 2004 3:48 am

I recommend going on google and typing "game maker 5". it'll pop up the homepage of the program and you can download the full free version. Don't worry its also the full commercial version too, but you can't unlock those features till you register it for $20 or so dollars. But I found a crack online and got the full version. i needed tp do so because I am using that exact same program in college.
HuBBsDoctor

Postby Demon Child » Fri Apr 09, 2004 3:58 am

:D Ive desided to keep working on the game. Ive gotten the sounds to work but not the music and im hoping its just my computer that is causing the problems with that.<p>So does anyone know where I could find battle images for some monsters? Specifically Dark Force and other larger enemies. Ive found locusta and things like that but no bosses.<br>Also anyone know of other programs besides the Rpg maker and things that will cost money that might work alittle better.
Demon Child

Postby Benoit » Fri Apr 09, 2004 2:02 pm

This thread has the answers:<br> Link
Benoit

Return to Fan stuff