A question about allowable content.

Questions, suggestions and comments regarding Phantasy Star Cave goes here

A question about allowable content.

Postby Nommy » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:18 am

I've been wanting create a thread for emulators for ages and the last one I made (which was very fleshed out) was recently taken down. So, I'd like to know if I can make an emulator thread here. Of course, I'd add all the proper disclaimers and I have no intention of adding links for anything (too much trouble to find all of it anyway). It would be an information page meant to help people find the information they need to get their emulation on. But mostly, I intend to fill it out enough so that people of all OS persuasions will find the information they need to play the games they love.

What do you say? Pass or "thou-shalt-not-pass!!!"?
Nommy
Locusta
Locusta

Re: A question about allowable content.

Postby Tryphon » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:11 am

I'm no authority here but since the ROMs are downloadable on the main site, I don't see why a thread about emulators would be a problem...

OT : is it 'thou shalt' or 'you shall' in the books (I've only read it in French)
Tryphon
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Nommy » Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:26 pm

That's what I'm assuming, but I don't want to go through the trouble of putting all that information together (which will likely start with a skeleton for the project) only to have one of the mods come in and say "No, I mean, I know we have the stuff here, but for ________, we still can't allow a thread for all this.

I just want to be sure about it because that's exactly what happened to the last emulator thread I built, which was near completion. It's extremely aggravating to put that much effort into a project only to have it pulled out from under you.

And as far as the Gandalf quote, it's '...you shall not pass".

This variant sounds more authoritative when omitting the remaining quote, though :3
Nommy
Locusta
Locusta

Postby BenoitRen » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:08 pm

Yes, you're allowed to make an emulator thread.
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

Postby Nommy » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:15 pm

Awesome. Thank you. I won't be posting it until tonight the earliest (I'm supposed to be doing homework which is due in 2 hours, but, meh... I have two weeks from today to finish the project :P).

So, if I don't sleep away the 2 hour trip to get home, I'll probably build the skeleton for the project during that time and post it when I get home. I doubt it. I slept 2 hours last night and I'm about as functional as I can be, all things considered.
Nommy
Locusta
Locusta

Return to Site related