The famous yellow background!

Questions, suggestions and comments regarding Phantasy Star Cave goes here

The famous yellow background!

Postby Missagh » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:47 pm

Is it time to consider a change of colour? Maybe to white background? Or at least a lighter yellow?

What are you opinions?
-- Missagh Alami, webmaster of Phantasy Star Cave.
Missagh
The Administrator
The Administrator

Postby Wing-0 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:56 pm

As I've said before, either a light color (preferably not yellow in my case) or a very, very dark color would be nice. I'm partial towards black with light fonts like this theme for the board I use.

The yellow of the main site hurts my eyes to be completely honest. Also, caves are dark, aren't they?

A suggestion I'd like to make if I may, would be to make a background for the boards based around a cave theme.

Hmmm... How do I explain...

In the black theme I am using, there are stars on the background. Maybe a large image of a cave's interior would be nice. I know there are some really cool images of caves floating around the net that if Photoshopped could be given a PS feel...

But that's just an idea.
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator

Location: Damnation Street, Cocytus City, Northwestern Hell, Inferno. >=P

Postby Tanith » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:52 am

WING-0 wrote:In the black theme I am using, there are stars on the background. Maybe a large image of a cave's interior would be nice. I know there are some really cool images of caves floating around the net that if Photoshopped could be given a PS feel...

But that's just an idea.
I think this is a good idea. I prefer using the starry sky background on the boards, so I also prefer dark backgrounds. I just did a search for "cave" at dA and came back with some really interesting pics. You might find some inspiration over there.
"I don't go to very many social events apart from fires." - carlsojos
Tanith
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Missagh » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:00 pm

Thanks for the feedback. Well because the current design is based around the yellow background, to go with the dark black would mean a complete redesign of the entire website... something that im hoping to do eventually, but not now im afraid.

The only solution that I can think of is a lighter or white background because I could easily blend that with the yellow navigation and top bar.
-- Missagh Alami, webmaster of Phantasy Star Cave.
Missagh
The Administrator
The Administrator

Postby Edge » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:19 pm

White is right!
I've traveled back in time... 300 years... Just to call you a "Cracker"!
Edge
Scorpius
Scorpius

Return to Site related