Couple of errors in the PSG1 section

Questions, suggestions and comments regarding Phantasy Star Cave goes here

Postby PSP » Sat Aug 28, 2004 11:09 pm

Tried to mention this in another post, but it was taken personally. I'll do so here since it's the proper forum.<p>1. The box scan section has a racial slur, 'Jap'. I'd suggest changing it to (JP), which is the typical abbreviation used for japanese games/products. <p>2. Phantasy Star: Generation 1 was not rejected by Sony Computer Entertainment of America for low quality, it was rejected because it is not a 3D game. They will reject any 2D games because they believe such games do not showcase the graphical prowess of the console, hence any 2D games as of late on said console being compilations or cell shaded (actual 3D models which are rendered in a manner where they appear similar to 2D, such as Breath of Five V). Multiple credible sources can be found that will support this with a simple search on Google.<p>3. 'Lassic' should be 'La Shiec' or 'Lashiec'. If you're going to use the romanized kana names for the rest of the cast, consistancy would be appreciated. Besides, Lassic is a mistranslation that even Sega of America corrected in their translation of the series in PS4.<p>4. There's more than 14 games in the 'Sega Ages 2500' series. PSII will be Vol. 18, unless my count is off, and it isn't set to be the last game.<p>Despite my misgivings about this site and with Benoit for his misfounded opinions, I figured I would help with these few factors. They are mainly minor, but I would think that you would not want incorrect information on your site.<p>-Corey
PSP

Postby Missagh » Sun Aug 29, 2004 12:02 am

<blockquote>The box scan section has a racial slur, 'Jap'. I'd suggest changing it to (JP), which is the typical abbreviation used for japanese games/products. </blockquote><br>That very true.<p> <blockquote>Phantasy Star: Generation 1 was not rejected by Sony Computer Entertainment of America for low quality, it was rejected because it is not a 3D game. They will reject any 2D games because they believe such games do not showcase the graphical prowess of the console, hence any 2D games as of late on said console being compilations or cell shaded (actual 3D models which are rendered in a manner where they appear similar to 2D, such as Breath of Five V). Multiple credible sources can be found that will support this with a simple search on Google. </blockquote><br>Ok, I'll look into it. As well as the two other notes you wrote.<br>Right now, I'm to busy till 1 September (what will happen that date will be posted in time). I could possible add it (if everything is correct) if there will be a PS Cave update before that date.<p>Anyway, I appreciate it.
Missagh

Postby PSP » Sun Aug 29, 2004 2:53 am

<blockquote> <br>Ok, I'll look into it. As well as the two other notes you wrote.<br>Right now, I'm to busy till 1 September (what will happen that date will be posted in time). I could possible add it (if everything is correct) if there will be a PS Cave update before that date.<p>Anyway, I appreciate it.<br></blockquote><p>I'll save you the trouble.<p>http://news.spong.com/detail/news.asp?prid=7095<p>
Moving on to recent difficulties with the submissions process at Sony Computer Entertainment America, Koyama-san let the firm’s frustration with recent events be known. As regular readers of SPOnG will know, SNK’s US offering, headed up by the infamous Ben Herman, has had some difficulties in its attempts to get games already on open sale in Japan accepted as stand-alone PlayStation 2 releases. “Sony just isn’t interested in 2D games anymore – whatever it might be,” exclaimed Koyama-san. “And yet many games, as long as they are in 3D, trickle through all the time. It’s a crazy situation and we don’t believe it reflects the needs of game consumers."
<p>As far as the Lashiec thing, it's well known. Like I said, it's even the (correct) translation in the english version of PS4. Nonetheless...<p>
Lassic - La Shiec (Yes, the "s" is capitalized - it's "Ra Shiik" in kana, given the same way the last names of the PSIII crew are. While this probably could be romanized as "La Chic" or "La Sick" as well, I've followed in PSIV's footsteps, since its translations of previously-established places and figures are the most literal - if the most unfaithful to English naming conventions - of the series. La Shiec is actually his last name; his first is Reipard, if anyone's interested.) - http://home.att.net/~RACapowski/PS/comtrans.htm#Names
<p>The number of games thing? Check Sega of Japan's website. The currently listed Sega Ages 2500 releases go up to #16, Virtua Fighter. So, PSII will either be #17 or #18 depending on how it and Dragon Force are ordered. <p>http://sega.jp/ps2/home.html<p>Credit me, please. I did take some time out of my day to find those links for you.<p>-Corey
PSP

Postby Missagh » Sun Aug 29, 2004 9:34 pm

Very well, it seems that a PS Cave update before 1 September is pretty impossible. So the info will possibly be up in time.<p>Best regards,
Missagh

Return to Site related